A321 NO FLEX TEMPRATURE

Huiming

Try it exactly the way done in the toturial and it will work.

Hi Emi,

By which tutorial you mean?

Why FLEX TEMP is not calculated by the aircraft itself in A321, but A320 calculates the FLEX TEMP automatically in MCDU? I do remember in V1.10 A321 still can calculate FLEX TEMP when setting the flaps in MCDU. Why does this change in V1.15? Or this is the problem only happens on me?

By the way, in real a320/a321, will the aircraft calculate it automatically?

I am really not sure my previous question is clear enough.

Thanks for explaination.

In real life, it won't. As well as the V-speeds.
I asked Aerosoft a long time ago to make this optional, as I would like every bit of realism but the answer was to enter V-speeds and FLEX first, then flaps... :P

Don't know how AAX calculates flex, but at least on shorter runways flex is always calculated way too high.

IRL you use a computerbased performance program to get the appropriate flap setting and flex temp.

@Adrijan Pekovic

? How is it possible to enter speeds first and the flap setting aftwards as the speeds depend on the flap setting ?

Don't know how AAX calculates flex, but at least on shorter runways flex is always calculated way too high.

IRL you use a computerbased performance program to get the appropriate flap setting and flex temp.

@Adrijan Pekovic

? How is it possible to enter speeds first and the flap setting aftwards as the speeds depend on the flap setting ?

Thanks guys.

One more question. Do you guys have the same problem as mine (i.e., the a321 will not give the FLEX TEMP even after you set the flaps in MCDU, but a320 will automatically set the FLEX TEMP)? I just want to make sure if this only happens on me. I do not understand why aersoft makes an automatic calculation of FLEX TEMP for A320 (although not correct enough), but not for A321 in V1.15. Seems like a small bug.

BTW, is there any good software help decide flaps and FLEX TEMP for AAEX?

Thanks agian.

@Adrijan Pekovic

? How is it possible to enter speeds first and the flap setting aftwards as the speeds depend on the flap setting ?

I don't know if it would work in a real aircraft, but this is what I do in Aerosoft's Airbus X:

1. Calculate flex temperature and v-speeds for flaps 1 (for example)

2. Write down the values on a paper.

3. Enter in with this order: V1 speed (for example: 130), Vr speed (135), V2 speed (140), FLEX temperature (45°), FLAPS/THS (1/UP0.6).

AAX will accept that and not overwrite my custom V-speeds and FLEX.

BTW, is there any good software help decide flaps and FLEX TEMP for AAEX?

Yep, TPC (takeoff performance calculator). It's very good!

Link: http://www.vbird-va.nl/airbus/TPC.exe

I don't know if it would work in a real aircraft, but this is what I do in Aerosoft's Airbus X:

1. Calculate flex temperature and v-speeds for flaps 1 (for example)

2. Write down the values on a paper.

3. Enter in with this order: V1 speed (for example: 130), Vr speed (135), V2 speed (140), FLEX temperature (45°), FLAPS/THS (1/UP0.6).

AAX will accept that and not overwrite my custom V-speeds and FLEX.

Yep, TPC (takeoff performance calculator). It's very good!

Link: http://www.vbird-va.nl/airbus/TPC.exe

Hi Adrijan,

Thanks for the tool. I notice that the tool gives Flaps 1/UP 3 in the MCDU. However, I cannot set a value larger than UP 1 in AAXE and the default value with Flaps 1 is UP 0.8. How should I solve that problem? By the way, what does that value mean?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm not sure how the application even calculates that because you have to input your center of gravity for it to calculate THS.

This value indicates the position of trimmable horizontal stabilizer during takeoff, which you input in the FMC after flaps (so for example 1/UP0.8 means the trim should be at UP0.8 position during takeof).

You get this value from the Airbus X Extended fuel planner, once you turn on advanced mode.

Archived