No aircraft in database (new install)

Hi, Ive just purchased PFPX this afternoon 01/09/13. the install seemed to go smoothley enough and it activated after 2 or 3 attempts due to the server being unavailable.

Iv'e gone through the manual and step by step carried out the initial configuration. Ive updated the airac to 1309. all seemed well.

However when I started to have a look through the program Iv'e found there are no, none at all aircraft in my aircraft database.

Ive installed to C:\PFPX and my data files are in c:\phil\public documents. the aircraft folder there is empty.

What can I do? any advise would be greatfully recieved. I run on Win7 64

Regards Phil

You have to create your aircraft database by yourself, as PFPX doesn't know the registrations of the aircrafts you are using. Just go to the aircraft manager (the small aircraft symbol at the upper left) and select "create aircraft from template". Select the appropiate template (for example PMDG B737-700 NGX or whatever aircraft you fly and add the missing information. Save your aircraft - and that's it...

Frank

Thanks Frank from what I understood from the manual, is that there's a large aircraft database already included and that you can add to it in the fashion that you describe. Are you saying that this large list mentioned in the manual are the templates that you have to modify?

Phil

Thanks Frank from what I understood from the manual, is that there's a large aircraft database already included and that you can add to it in the fashion that you describe. Are you saying that this large list mentioned in the manual are the templates that you have to modify?

Phil

Correct

I have 6 aircraft in my DB

Thanks I've got that now. Obviously the database illustrated in the manual is an example of what can be done. Are there any more templates that can be downloaded. I'm thinking about a B737-200 combi.

Phil

I'd think part of the fun is assessing your aircraft collection, gathering info (there's this cool tech called pen and paper.... you can jot things down without a computer, or electricity, even!), and creating your own database. That's what I'd do. :)

Archived