Flight Schedule

Hello!

I just purchased a copy of PFPX and it really is the software I've always wanted! I have one question though, is it possible to import a list of scheduled flights (like a timetable) instead of adding flights one by one?

Thanks in advance!

Johan

• 2 weeks later...

As stated above you can import schedules. The file format is the same (XML) format as the PFPX schedule itself, usually saved in c:\Public\documents\PFPX Data\Schedules.txt

Thx Christian!

How could a Delta Air Lines schedule be imported?

Somebody needs to create the schedule in PFPX or needs to write some kind of parser to convert in PFPX schedule format.

Then you can export the schedule to a file (Add/Export)

This file can now be imported to any PFPX schedule.

I have made an excel based parser that is very efficient, I wont release it yet though as it's currently only adjusted to my own needs. I will look into a quick and easy allround solution that is releasable.

Best regards

Johan

Is there any limitation about the XML file size that can be imported? I am having a DLH group schedule converted into PFPX format, but the import takes minutes (or hours?), always saying "importing schedule" in the status bar. The file is about 6 MB.

Thanks

Stefan

I have made an excel based parser that is very efficient, I wont release it yet though as it's currently only adjusted to my own needs. I will look into a quick and easy allround solution that is releasable.

Best regards

Johan

Great news Johan. Will you post any progress in this thread?

Yes, I'll post any progress here. Basically, I'll try to figure out a user-friendly way to choose what settings the flights shall have and such.

Best regards

Johan

Thx

Mas

Is there any limitation about the XML file size that can be imported? I am having a DLH group schedule converted into PFPX format, but the import takes minutes (or hours?), always saying "importing schedule" in the status bar. The file is about 6 MB.

Thanks

Stefan

There is no technical limitation. However, a 6 MB schedule file seems to be extremely oversized. COuld you send the file to support@flightsimsoft.com for evaluation?

I have also managed to convert the whole schedule for Scandinavian Airlines to PFPX format, about 4 MB.

And yes, it takes hours to import the schedule. I'll mail it to you guys at flightsimsoft, see if you can fix it. It would be awesome to have a whole airline schedule.

• 3 weeks later...

I do have a Norwegian Air Shuttle Timetable and that is in a XLS file, there it stands the same as it is in PFPX with STA, STD and so on, so it should be rather simple to add it into PFPX, That takes ages I know that from before..

If I am gonna put it into PFPX it takes ages!

But we are used to it so it should go alright :)

Archived