User State and saved FMGC data

stt4

Hi,

I found that RAD NAV data such as CRS and ILS and VOR frequencies are not saved as a User State, even though the arrival runway and flight plan are saved. When loading the User State the CRS and ILS FREQ (and/or VOR) in RADIO NAV are empty.

Also, after loading the User State and selecting MAN MCT or MAN TOGA while AAX is stationary on the runway, the LVR CLB begins to flash immediately.

AAX v.1.10 with HotFix15.

Thank you.

User-defined panel state saving isn't complete (perfect) yet.

I can confirm your issue when reloading takeoff states. Apart from this distracting flashing the state still works fine for me.

What is not included in the panel state saving, either, is the TCAS: After reloading your panel state you still have to switch TCAS on and set the tilt.

Have you tried saving and loading panel states in midflight?

Hi,

I just tried and set up a flight completely incl. VOR1 and VOR2 frequencies i.e. "ready for takeoff". Then I saved this state as a user State and and the situation in FSX and closed FSX. I started FSX again loaded the FSX situation and then the user state. VOR1 and VOR2 frequencies were there but the only thing which was missing was course........

Regarding the other issue: Also, after loading the User State and selecting MAN MCT or MAN TOGA while AAX is stationary on the runway, the LVR CLB begins to flash immediately please open a new topic under the right section.

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Hanse,

Thank you for your reply.

I have saved more than one User State with its respective F-PLN and RAD NAV data. However, which ever User State I load, it always loads the same F-PLN and RAD NAV data, even though each User State was saved with its own F-PLN and RAD NAV data. It makes no difference if I close FSX and start it again.

If I load a User State and then load a CoRte in INIT, the RAD NAV will display the ILS FREQ of the User State and not the ILS FREQ of the CoRte.

I have these mixed user states, too, occasionally (loading one user state but the MCDU shows me a flightplan from a different user state). Can't tell under what conditions this happens. It happens now and then, but I can't reproduce it, when I intend to.

Can confirm Hanse's findings (no need to do so, why would I anyway?!?): VOR frequencies are saved with the user state. (unless those user states get mixed up, of course!)

The FMA LVR CLB flashing message appeared in v1.04 already, not sure, whether we need to repeat our reports with v1.1 ...

I have these mixed user states, too, occasionally (loading one user state but the MCDU shows me a flightplan from a different user state). Can't tell under what conditions this happens. It happens now and then, but I can't reproduce it, when I intend to.

Can confirm Hanse's findings (no need to do so, why would I anyway?!?): VOR frequencies are saved with the user state. (unless those user states get mixed up, of course!)

The FMA LVR CLB flashing message appeared in v1.04 already, not sure, whether we need to repeat our reports with v1.1 ...

Thanks olli4740.

I've just tested it again and if I load different User States, the F-PLN always displays the first flight plan of the initial User State I loaded. If I load a second or third User State, the F-PLN does not display the different flight plan; it displays the flight plan of the initial User State I loaded. If I then load a Company Route in INIT, the F-PLN displays the flight plan of the Company Route but the RAD NAV continues to display the ILS FREQ of the initial User State.

If you load a User State and then load a second User State, does your RAD NAV continue to display the ILS FREQ of the initial User State like mine does? Thanks.

Hi Hanse,

Thank you for your reply.

I have saved more than one User State with its respective F-PLN and RAD NAV data. However, which ever User State I load, it always loads the same F-PLN and RAD NAV data, even though each User State was saved with its own F-PLN and RAD NAV data. It makes no difference if I close FSX and start it again.

If I load a User State and then load a CoRte in INIT, the RAD NAV will display the ILS FREQ of the User State and not the ILS FREQ of the CoRte.

The FMGS save standard currently only allow one save at a time (ie the previous saved FMGS). So that means that when you load the user state, it will ONLY load the previous saved state, not the state before etc. We will see about changing it in the future, for now its here to stay as we focus on more important issues.

Joshua,

are you referring to the only 'SET DEF' state or to the myriad of user states I can save as *.ASC files?

I understand there can be only one default state on loading the AAX, but what about the number of *.ASC files I've created and which I load after loading the AAX into the sim in its default state?

Joshua,

are you referring to the only 'SET DEF' state or to the myriad of user states I can save as *.ASC files?

I understand there can be only one default state on loading the AAX, but what about the number of *.ASC files I've created and which I load after loading the AAX into the sim in its default state?

I mean the user states not default states. Only one FMGS save allowed. (FMGS save/loading not used at all for default states)

So I can save multiple panel states ("switches and knobs") but only the latest FMGS state can be reloaded ...

That is my experience; I can save multiple panel states but only the latest FMGS state can be saved and reloaded.

If I save a company route with waypoints which have no airway, then, when I load the company route the waypoints with no airway are missing. But if the flight plan containing waypoints which have no airway is saved as part of a User State, then when loading the User State the waypoints without airways are loaded in the F-PLN.

Archived