Problem in 2013 steve's sound enhancement

Rahal

When I install steve's sound enhancement, I get error messages saying . Is there a correct way to install this. and ignoring and trying to open a flight ends up in crashing to desk top

post-73410-0-44309100-1367946475_thumb.p

Rahal,

Shortly before Release we received a Sound Update, Airbus X Extended Sound Enhancement Pack 2013 from Steveo isn't fully compatible with the new V1.10.

Aerosoft will look into this tomorrow

Sorry for this

For a quick temporary fix, just find 5 files that contain the sufix "_low" "Like ASC_Avionics_low.wav" which are located in FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Sound_ASC_Original and paste them to Sound_ASC. It will fix the problem and not give you the CTD, but you will not get the enhanced sounds if you use the low option in right MCDU.

Thanks Adrijan. It solved the problem. I am looking forward to seeing the new sound enhancement.

I am using CH stick for flying this AXE Airbus but it has no Z-axis. Is there a new tweak for case?

Yu

• 1 month later...

I just updated to AXE V1.10 and also installed the sound enhancement Looks like the problem described above still exists as I got "DirectSound Error" notices galore. I put back the original sound files and everything is ok. Why isn't the sound enhancement download removed from Aerosoft's support site until a fix is performed (if a fix is still pending)? Also, since there is no "Read Me" file associated with the Paint Kits download, if it's supposed to be intuitive as to how to use it, I guess I'm not very intuitive as I haven't figured out how it can be used.

Larry

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you install the latest version of the sound pack (from your shop account)? The old one was not compatible to the AXE 1.10.

Yes, I believe I downloaded from my shop account. I know I had to log in. The Sound Enhancement download link was on the same Aerosoft web page as the AXE v1.10 download link. I ran FSX with AXE v1.10 as my aircraft and everything appears to be fine (as long as the original sound .wav files are in place in the "Sound_ASC" folder).

I re-downloaded "Airbus X Extended Sound Enhancement Pack 2013" (v 1.10) and this time ran it as "Administrator". Shortly after installation began I was prompted to choose1) Modify, 2) Repair or 3) Remove. I chose Repair and the installation/repair continued to completion without any problems. When I loaded the AXE A320, no error prompts came up at all. It appears that this installation (repair) worked perfectly. Perhaps the earlier trouble I encountered was due to a solar flare or super moon. :)

Archived