Nvidia Inspector & installing new drivers

Good evening,

I was feeling adventurous and updated to the latest Nvidia BETA drivers and now I noticed that the settings I made in the FSX profile of Nvidia Inspector are not being applied. The frame limiter seems to be working but FSX seems to be handling graphic settings. I have only recently started playing with nvidia inspector, so wondering what does one need to do after updating to new drivers? Do the settings have to be applied after every driver update? So far it does not seem to work.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi. I too find that I have to re-apply some of the Nvidia Inspector settings after each driver update. Inconvenient, but it only takes a minute to do.

Also visit FSX .cfg and remove any duplicate entries for the graphic card. Updating drivers will cause a new entry to be created.

When ever updating to the latest Nvidia drivers insure you remove the old driver fully and then run something like ccleaner to clear all registry entries. The clean install function on the driver install doesnt actually work.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the instructions and inputs!

@Snave - That's strange, I've not really had any duplicate graphic entries in the past in the fsx.cfg, the entry was simply replaced. I've updated my drivers a number of times.

@Chris - noted, will apply those settings again

@Matt - Okay thanks! How's it going mate.. long time no talk ;)?

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Oh sorry Matt, I forgot to reply to you, yeah things are pretty good, thank you. I'm looking forward to a holiday (but nothing planned yet), also busy at work.

So I found out that one can export the MS Flight Simulator X profile as a file, then when drivers are updated, all you need to do is import the specific profile and hit apply.

You do need to restore the settings though and hit apply after because the settings don't get saved after an update.

Im not getting my holiday til the fall time if Im lucky, though I am hoping to hit the west coast of America. Are you talking about the profile in Nvidia Inspector? If so yes, I have a backup saved of my P3D profile for Nvidia Inspector, which I import when the programs been updated. Saves me trying to remember all the settings for it :lol:

Im not getting my holiday til the fall time if Im lucky, though I am hoping to hit the west coast of America. Are you talking about the profile in Nvidia Inspector? If so yes, I have a backup saved of my P3D profile for Nvidia Inspector, which I import when the programs been updated. Saves me trying to remember all the settings for it :lol:

Yup that's what I meant... same applies to Prepar3D.

I have Prepar3D installed too, remember how I told you about this ;-) ? ... but somehow I have not dared to make the big switch yet... eventually maybe though hehehe. FSX is running pretty well at the moment.

Matt when you do head over, I wish you a wonderful holiday. :)

Archived