Saving a flight plan for later use

John F

Hi all,

I am new to this forum so hope I am in the right place! My question is as follows:

In Airbus x Extended Volume 6 para 3.9 it states:

"there is no way to import a flight plan"

In para 3.6 however it states:

"It is planned and will be implemented in SP1 to save and load also complete MCDU states"

There seems to be a contradiction here!?

I believe I have the latest version and have also altered the FMGS.ini file as suggested in Para 3.6 to allow for full saving of data. I have also successfully created, saved and then loaded my first flight plan.

My friend, who also recently bought the Airbus (and is still learning like me!) has installed the same saved file into the correct Aerosoft folder on his computer, with the intention of doing the "load state" before a flight. Unfortunately this does work for him, while it does for me. The only thing I can think of is that he was not flying the same Airbus (British Airways) variant as me

Any ideas anyone?

just to understand? Do you mean it works for you and not for your friend? this was not clear from your post above where you say it works for both of you.

You also say he wants to use this file as he wants to use load state. Assume he is not referring to the load aircraft state but is wanting to load the 10 character flight plan that you have sent him.

if you are sharing the flight plan file and not the aircraft state file, you probably need to make sure yhat the fmgs.ini file is identical for both you and your friend. maybe there is a difference there.

if you want to share the same flight plan have a look at the company route editor in the hotfix section which allows you to review the route and make changes to it outside of the airbus and then save the company route

Roy

With importing flight plans importing those of the default FSX flight planner is meant.

3.6 only says that saving the MCDU state is meant, so everything entered in the MCDU will be able to be loaded, including the flightplan, but also all other states.

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Yes - the loaded up state worked for me but not my friend. Its the saving states that is confusing me. I saved it as Glasgow-TEST.asc I am struggling to understand the difference between "state" and "flightplan" and "company routes" Is the 10 character flight plan the "company route"?

After putting all my flight info into the MCDU I "saved the state" and it appeared in Docs/Aerosoft/Airbus x Extended/ as an .asc file. It then loaded and worked ok

I then emailed the file to him, he installed it in the same directory to repeat my actions, but could not "load the state" (He waited until the cockpit checklist was complete before trying to load it)

I confirm both our fmgs.ini files have been changed from 0 to 1 as per the tutorial.

Don't know about a company route editor yet. Will cheack it out as you suggest.

I am assuming that you want to share with your friend the flight plan that you have flown. This would not happen by sending the aircraft state file to your friend which is the asc file. The aircraft state file tells the airbus the state of the cockpit at startup.... are the engines on, flaps up or down, ready to taxi or takeoff or is the airbus cold and dark and everything is switched off while parked at the gate.

To share a flight plan

---------------------------

Lets say you are flying a route for example from Sydney YSSY to Brisbane YBBN

- First you enter the complete flight plan into the MCDU .

- Then you click on MCDU Menu button and in this example type in YSSYYBBN01 into the scratchpad and update the route field on that screen. Must always be 10 characters in length.

What this does is add the company route you just create for Sydney to Brisbane into a file called corte.txt in a section called YSSYYBBN01

-When you want to fly this route the next time, you can simply go to the INIT A page the next time you start up the airbus and type in YSSYYBBN01 as in the example above. This looks for the section YSSYYBBN01 in the corte.txt file and as long as it is there it will add the flight plan to the MCDU without you entering it all back in again.

Now if you want to share the flightplan YSSY to YBBN with your friend, you look for corte.txt on your computer, open it and find the section YSSYYBBN01. Copy this section and email it to your friend who then pastes that section into his file corte.txt.

Then when he types in YSSYYBBN01 in INIT A he will have the same waypoints of the route you have flown.

I have included a sample of what is in my corte.txt file. If you copy/paste a new route into this file rather than adding it via the airbus, remember that you need to increment the number as seen in [CoRte1] on the first line of the new flight plan being entered. For example, If I pasted in the flight plan for YSSY to YBBN in the corte file, I would have pasted it below as shown in bold and changed the first line in bold to [CoRte2]... indicating that this is the 2nd flight plan added to the company route file.

On my computer the corte.txt file is located in the folder C:\Users\roy\Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended

Hope that makes sense.

Roy

[CoRte1]
CoRteName=EDDFLOWW01
ArptDep=EDDF
ArptArr=LOWW
RwyDep=EDDF07C
RwyArr=LOWW16
RwyArrFINAL=ILS16
SID=SULU8D
STAR=VENE2W
APPR_Trans=NER5L
Airway1=UZ650
Airway1FROM=SULUS
Airway1TO=VEMUT
Airway2=UZ37
Airway2FROM=VEMUT
Airway2TO=BUDEX
Airway3=UZ205
Airway3FROM=BUDEX
Airway3TO=VENEN
[CoRte2]
CoRteName=YSSYYBBN01
ArptDep=YSSY
ArptArr=YBBN
RwyDep=YSSY34R
RwyArr=
RwyArrFINAL=
SID=ENTRA2
STAR=
APPR_Trans=
Airway1=Y245
Airway1FROM=ENTRA
Airway1TO=BANDA
Airway2=H185
Airway2FROM=BANDA
Airway2TO=BANDA
Airway3=H185
Airway3FROM=BANDA
Airway3TO=CG
[CoRte3]
CoRteName=YMMLYPDN01
ArptDep=YMML
ArptArr=YPDN
RwyDep=YMML16
RwyArr=YPDN29
RwyArrFINAL=ILS29-Z
SID=KEPPA8
STAR=CRAIG2
Airway1=UH336
Airway1FROM=KEPPA
Airway1TO=NATYA
Airway2=J19
Airway2FROM=NATYA
Airway2TO=BHI
Airway3=T25
Airway3FROM=BHI
Airway3TO=TNK
Airway4=J30
Airway4FROM=TNK
Airway4TO=TN
Airway5=J251
Airway5FROM=TN
Airway5TO=MAVER

Roy,

Thanks for this full explanation.

I have just done the following:

1) Load up AXE at departure airport Glasgow

2) Go into cold and dark state

3) fire up batteries etc as normal to begin operations (PFD and ND all red with no map)

4) Do cockpit startup check (with co-pilot)

5) MCDUR "load user state" and select my previously saved FPlan

6) ND is now fully up with the plan?

This seems to be at odds with what you are saying?

I apologise if I'm not fully understanding this yet!

John F

Perhaps some one from support can chime in here.......

I have not used "load user state" myself (I always start cold and dark) so perhaps this is saving a link to the flightplan you were flying at the time. However I doubt it is saving the flight plan itself and is probably just linking to the corte.txt for the waypoints of the flightplan you were flying. It works for you because it can see the flight plan in the corte.txt file on your computer which is not on your friends computer.

So if you are sharing the flightplan with your friend you would still need to give him the flight plan from the corte.txt file

Roy

Roy,

Just done Glasgow to Cardiff flight using the "Load User State" as before. Flight plan all up and correct on the ND including all waypoints.

Strangely the waypoints don't show up in the corte file I'm even more baffled now!

[CoRte2]
CoRteName=EGFFEGFF01
ArptDep=EGPF
ArptArr=EGFF
RwyDep=EGPF23
RwyArr=EGFF12
RwyArrFINAL=ILS12
SID=DCS6A
STAR=CDF1A
APPR_Trans=NO VIA

John F

When you create a flightplan, you need to use airways between those waypoints as shown in the tutorial.

If however you create a flight plan by simply entering the waypoints by themselves then the waypoints will not be saved in the corte file.

you can use a site such as skyvector.com to get the airway names used between each waypoint and look at the tutorial to see how to add waypoints in using airways

Roy

Archived