twin otter water operations.....

11jovic

i know there is no rudder for this but does anyone know of anything you can use to easy water operations. Im flying in the maldives and flying to the amazing islands they have there.

please someone let me know.

kind regards

joe staddon

No reality, but you can install a "virtual water ruder".

Modell Aerosoft Twin Otter 100 floats folder only:

in aircraft.cfg under:

[CONTACT_POINTS]
…
…
add following:

point.9 = 5, -16.10, 6.65, -9.55, 1600, 0, 0, 50.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.000, 1.0, 1.2, 0, 0, 0
point.10 = 5, -16.10, -6.65, -9.55, 1600, 0, 0, 50.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.000, 1.0, 1.2, 0, 0, 0

Also change max_number_of_points to 11 like this:
max_number_of_points = 11

Use of the "rudder"

CTRL+W

(If you backup your original aircraft.cfg you can't spoil anything)

Dieter

• Aerosoft

so reverse on one and forward on the other dam it :S hmmmmm anyway i can make it more sensitive when im using this at all?

Reverse one will be a bit extreme (but possible) but idling one engine and using the other to turn is normal.

Hi,

On Maldives they use reverse on one side and forward on the other. Especially if the wind is blowing and they had to do sharp turns to reach the gate. I have seen it every day during Xmas holidays on Kuredu :)

Rgds

Reinhard

i know there is no rudder for this but does anyone know of anything you can use to easy water operations. Im flying in the maldives and flying to the amazing islands they have there.

please someone let me know.

kind regards

joe staddon

Hi,

You might add AccuFeel to your setup to further improve, how this plane behaves in the water. Gives you a lot of new experiences and you can control several aspects easily by an user interface.

Rgds

Reinhard

PS: And adding a virtual rudder is cheating - with a correct setup and calibration of your throttles you could definitely control the taxiing in the water

Archived