Engine start procedure / Packs OFF?

Sebastien81

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Sebastien,

In all my Airbus documentation (from various airlines) I found no point that the packs have to be switched off before setting the engine mode selector to START. On the other hand switching the packs off would mean that on the overhead lamps would be on. This is according to Airbus philosphy an abnormal situation..... So I believe that the packs should be left on like we simulated it in the Checklist.

If you have different information (and documentation) please let me know.

Hanse

Hi Sebastien,

In all my Airbus documentation (from various airlines) I found no point that the packs have to be switched off before setting the engine mode selector to START. On the other hand switching the packs off would mean that on the overhead lamps would be on. This is according to Airbus philosphy an abnormal situation..... So I believe that the packs should be left on like we simulated it in the Checklist.

If you have different information (and documentation) please let me know.

Hanse

The procedure is this ;)

On the real plane, as it is with the AXE, Packs are switched off automatically whenever the engine ignition switch is moved to the IGN/START position, so no need to do it manually.

Archived