Strange LOC behavior / ILS landings after v1.04 installed

gabor1

Hi,

I used to fly the AEX since v.1.0 and now I have an issue after I installed v.1.04:

When flying in NAV mode and approaching an airport with an "ILS APPROACH", the airplane turns immediately and sharply towards the end of the runway (even from as far as 20nm), as soon as I push (=arm) the LOC button, instead of flying the STAR until the intercept point of the localiser.

The aircraft flies a minute or so straight towards the airport, then it "realises" that something is wrong and tries to turn back to the original track but bounces back towards the airport again.

This has happened at different airports and during all flights I made after 1.04.

No need to mention how frustrating this behavior is,-it makes flying impossible.

Any advices, what is wrong?

thanks and br

Gabor P.

Is there any reason why you arm LOC so early ?

Hi,

no any specific reason , I just used to it and so far it worked fine. I tried to arm LOC also much closer (10 nm)

but the outcome is the same: immediate, sharp turn towards the runway end..

Hi, it is around 90 degrees.

br GaborP

That might be part of the problem. When you are vectored by ATC, the maximum angle they will give you for an intercept is 30 degrees. Now, I am not saying that our bus cannot do anything greater, because it can. What I am saying is you should try to hit LOC or APPR at an angle of 30 degrees or less, and before your localizer indication becomes alive. That way, the AP has time to properly intercept the localizer and course.

That might be part of the problem. When you are vectored by ATC, the maximum angle they will give you for an intercept is 30 degrees. Now, I am not saying that our bus cannot do anything greater, because it can. What I am saying is you should try to hit LOC or APPR at an angle of 30 degrees or less, and before your localizer indication becomes alive. That way, the AP has time to properly intercept the localizer and course.

OK, I`ll try that way and report you back!

Archived