GPS addition in panel file

scottthefsxguy

As I do with all my aircraft, I add a GPS window in the panel file. Same model, same size, same location on screen simply by adding the text in the panel file for each respective aircraft. For whatever reason I am unsuccessful doing this in the Bronco. I do always put the text in 'window 01' that is mapped to the Shift+2 key on the keyboard. Anything already mapped to that I simply relocate to a different window placement keeping everything in order...00, 01, 02 etc. I've done this to dozens of aircraft and this is my first miss. Any thoughts?

Scott

Try puting it at a different number to see it works at all. It is possible that since the Checklist is integrated into the plane quite extensively, it must remain window01 to work correctly.

Dave

Here's what I use: (ref. previous post: http://forum.aerosof...-autopilot-mod/)

Window01=GPS

//---------------------------------------------------------

[Window01]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=456,378

window_pos= 0, .62

window_size= 0.200, 0.380

window_size_ratio=1.000

visible=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

Type=SPECIAL//**optional only if you want GPS to remain visible when you change views. Otherwise delete this line//

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,456,378

gauge01=..\..\Maule_M7_260C\panel\Maule_M7_260C!switch_nav_gps, 0,220,30,35

Remember it only goes in the Aerosoft OV-10B panel folder. Hope this helps.

Obie

Actually Scott I was in error as you will have to eventually alter all the panel.cfg files. I just remembered that I used Aerosoft OV-10B as my test bed since it is kind of the base model for all the variants. Once you get the desired result you can export it to the other models. I replied from memory and at my age that was a mistake. The essence was correct but the specific was wrong.

If you haven't done it already, I strongly suggest make sure you make a back-up of the original panel.cfg so you can go back to it if you want.

Obie

Archived