Sound Output problem

Mazen

I hope I am posting my problem in the right place.

I ordered the Airbus X Extended few weeks ago and all installation thing was just fine. My problem is with sound settings. I am using two outputs for voice and sound on FSX. All sounds are going through HMDI output to speakers while voice is going through Headphones. These configurations are very helpful for me since I am flying online and I need to hear ATC voice very clear on the headphones and it works fine with all installed aircraft on my computer EXCEPT Aerosoft Airbus extended where I have all engines and environement sounds duplicated on both outputs. Even when I try to use Q key to mute FSX sound it does not work and I can still hear the very loud cockpit sound on the headphones which is very very annoying when flying online and listening to ATC.

Is there something I can do to fix this issue???

Thanks for help.

No problems here, Flying on VATSIM using a USB headphone and FSINN to assign the ATC sound output to the headset. I thought that was the only way to seperate the ATC sound was with a USB headset and a virtual flying server like VATSIM. because your pc looks at the usb headset as a new seperate sound card. What ATC are you Using? VATSIM, IVAO, GAMESPY, Default FSX freeflight ATC ...? You using a USB headset? Hope we will get it working for you.

Ok, I am using both IVAO and VATSIM but more often on IVAO and YES I have a USB headsets. I changed the configuration on FSX (Sound settings) by assigning the Sound output to speakers (this is LED display built-in speakers through HDMI) and the voice on USB headsets --> I can hear IVAO ATC here. As I mentioned in my post, that settings works just great with all airplanes whether fsx defaults or Addons except for AS Airbus extended where I hear the engines on both outputs and I can not simply remove it from the headsets.

• Aerosoft

I hope I am posting my problem in the right place.

I ordered the Airbus X Extended few weeks ago and all installation thing was just fine. My problem is with sound settings. I am using two outputs for voice and sound on FSX. All sounds are going through HMDI output to speakers while voice is going through Headphones. These configurations are very helpful for me since I am flying online and I need to hear ATC voice very clear on the headphones and it works fine with all installed aircraft on my computer EXCEPT Aerosoft Airbus extended where I have all engines and environement sounds duplicated on both outputs. Even when I try to use Q key to mute FSX sound it does not work and I can still hear the very loud cockpit sound on the headphones which is very very annoying when flying online and listening to ATC.

Is there something I can do to fix this issue???

Thanks for help.

The only way to solve that would be to silence (or reduces in volume) the sound in the FSXMainFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Sound_ASC folder. These sounds are NOT played by FSX but are send directly to DirectSound.

No problems here, Flying on VATSIM using a USB headphone and FSINN to assign the ATC sound output to the headset. I thought that was the only way to seperate the ATC sound was with a USB headset and a virtual flying server like VATSIM. because your pc looks at the usb headset as a new seperate sound card. What ATC are you Using? VATSIM, IVAO, GAMESPY, Default FSX freeflight ATC ...? You using a USB headset? Hope we will get it working for you.

Hmmm... I set my sound using VATSIM's FSFDT options (see picture). My FSX sounds are maped to the defaults (see picture)

post-76933-0-85557200-1358799672_thumb.p

post-76933-0-87276200-1358799690_thumb.p

Archived