Thrust levers move, but no thrust

nightshift

Hi all

I bought the Airbus X Extended last night, but have been unable to fly it. Everything works perfectly, except for this problem I'm having. I looked around here and google and I was unable to find a solution, even following all the advice in the forums.

The problem I have is that when I move the hardware throttles (Saitek Quadrant), they also move in the VC, and the blue cursor moves accordingly. What I don't get, however, is thrust. If I do press F2/F3, however, I have thrust, but the blue cursors and levers stay put and the detents don't work.

Any chance someone stumbled upon this?

Hi all

I bought the Airbus X Extended last night, but have been unable to fly it. Everything works perfectly, except for this problem I'm having. I looked around here and google and I was unable to find a solution, even following all the advice in the forums.

The problem I have is that when I move the hardware throttles (Saitek Quadrant), they also move in the VC, and the blue cursor moves accordingly. What I don't get, however, is thrust. If I do press F2/F3, however, I have thrust, but the blue cursors and levers stay put and the detents don't work.

Any chance someone stumbled upon this?

Have you followed the advice given in the Throttle Setup Guide precisely as it is on the link below.

https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/entries/22924406-aerosoft-airbus-extended-throttle-setup-guide

Indeed, I have. Tried it both with and without FSUIPC, and no matter what I do, I get the same result.

Thrust levers move as they should, as well as the blue cursors, but thrust remains at idle unless I use the F2/F3 keys.

Indeed, I have. Tried it both with and without FSUIPC, and no matter what I do, I get the same result.

Thrust levers move as they should, as well as the blue cursors, but thrust remains at idle unless I use the F2/F3 keys.

When you installed the Airbus did you choose the correct selection for your throttle.

Now that's a good question. I did choose the single throttle option, because I prefer to use a single axis even though my Saitek throttle has two (well, actually three) axis.

I did tried changing the .ini file to dual throttle however, and that gave me an even worse result - nothing moved at all. The funny thing, however, is that when using the 2 axis ini, if I assigned the throttle to one of the axis, it gave me thrust alright, altough neither the cursors nor the VC throttle levers moved.

I will try reinstalling it and see how that works out.

So, here's an update. Uninstalling did not fix the issue, and setting it up for dual axis actually makes it stopping altogether, unless i assign one of the axis to the Throttle control, in which case, I get thrust, but the levers don't move.

So, here's an update. Uninstalling did not fix the issue, and setting it up for dual axis actually makes it stopping altogether, unless i assign one of the axis to the Throttle control, in which case, I get thrust, but the levers don't move.

Thats strange as its now gone the other way.

Are you running it through FSUIPC when this happens.

• 2 months later...

Well, I decided to give this another try. Thought that maybe after a few months things would work themselves out, but no joy.

The problem still persists, and I've followed EVERY single instruction around, short of a FSX reinstall - which I'm not really willing to do at the moment, especially considering there's a chance it might not solve the problem.

I tried it through and without FSUIPC and the issue continues bugging me. Not even the keyboard throttle works properly and I'm using the latest patch.

Right now the aircraft acts like it's bypassing the FADEC altogether. I can control the thrust, but my commands are direct, i.e. the autothrust simply doesn't work.

Any light?

What I suggest to you is not a FSX reinstall. I suggest you uninstall and install the AXE, select single throttle configuration.

and perform this:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/60289-read-first/

If it still fails, contact aerosoft support via email. They should be able to help you.

Ha! It works!

I feel so stupid!

It was indeed a case of RTFM, apparently.

So, here's the solution, for future reference.

Make sure you check the "Exclude THROTTLEn_SET" box in FSUIPC.

That's it. Hahaha, I'm so happy!

<3 Aerosoft!

Ha! It works!

I feel so stupid!

It was indeed a case of RTFM, apparently.

So, here's the solution, for future reference.

Make sure you check the "Exclude THROTTLEn_SET" box in FSUIPC.

That's it. Hahaha, I'm so happy!

<3 Aerosoft!

Thanks for reporting back, I will mark this as solved.

Archived