Some general questions ?

garydpoole

Hello

I had the issues below in 1.02 and am still seeing them in 1.03b. I wonder if onyone would like to comment on them please:

1) If possible, I fly all ILS approaches manually. However, after disconnecting the autopilot, I hear the 'click, click click' OK, but then I get a permanent warning sound that I can only clear using the master caution switch. I'm sure that, based on the original Airbus and several cockpit videos, the warning sound should only sound once, then cancel itself ?

2) Is it correct that once the LOC has been established, it is no longer possible to adjust the HDG display without exiting APPR mode. For example, if a 225deg LOC has been established using a heading of 280deg, shouldn't it still be possible to adjust the HDG display to read 225deg (although still in managed mode) so that if the landing had to be aborted, one could exit managed mode and continue the go around using the manually set heading of 225deg ?

3) When in lateral navigation mode, I like to keep the HDG display reading the approximate same direection as the aircraft is flying. However, although I can adjust the HDG reading, I thought that this should be backed up by a heading bug on the ND ( this used to happen on the original Airbus, but I may be wrong about its correct operation now), but this is no longer present.

Any help much appreciated

Regards

Gary

1) I think no warnings should 'cancel itself'.

in real life, pilots are pressing the red button on the sidestick, which, in simulator replaces the autopilot engage/disengage button in FSX settings (though, in the Airbus X Extended, it's only used as autopilot disengage), default button for that action is Z.

You should hold that button until the master warning disengages, and perhaps assign it to some of your joystick buttons that are placed at similar position to the 'sidestick priority button' (or red button on sidestick in real Airbus).

Archived