LXGB gibraltar

G Sproson

At the moment I am currently heading down to GBR for BA Virtual, having had a look at the weaher info, I have come to decide that 27 would be best for the arrival, however, when I go to the Arrival page for LXGB there are no runways (or arrivals) shown, which is quite odd I would think. It does say "APPR AVAILABLE" though. Is this just a 1213 AIRAC Issue from the data that came with the Extended? (its the only airport I have seen this issue). I have tried to included screenshots of the issue but it gave me a message saying I was not permitted to upload that kind of file.....

Hello all,

that's right. Arrival for Gibraltar are radar arrivals.... For exemple : runway 27 its the point Alpha. You have to follow 305° for 18NM since Alpha to go to the 27.

Check PDF charts here : www.virtualiroma.it/eventi/NEURO_GIBILT/lxgb.pdf

Bye

Even if there are no arrivals, shouldnt we allowed to select a runway? Is it the same on the real thing?

According to another post the developers are working on this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Technically we have no approach methods here at LXGB. After PIMOS in real life traffic is vectored by ATC. ALPHA, BRAVO, CHARLIE are really only used when there are weather related issues that may require aircraft to hold.

I know that on PMDG aircraft they appear appear to have RADAR approaches available through Navigraph data but this is not realistic (although quite accurate).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello SirGaric,

Have you installed the new version (1.04) online?

With the first version of axis (1.0) I had the same problem, and not only with LXGB, but also LPMA. This problem has been reported and since version 1.02 (and we are at version 1.4 already) this problem is solved for me.

Good day, gilles

(translated with Office2010)

• 2 months later...

Hi guys.

I also tried an approach on LXGB RW09 today. Worked so far. But does anybody now if it is possible to see the fixes for approach on the ND? I saw some like Alpha but for example missed all Victor fixes. Flightsim Commander show these. I have no problem to fly such approaches manually or with heading selector but those fixes would help much.

Thx in advance

Archived