Should I...? Or should I not?

ebksb123

I haven't bought the Extended (yet), because opinions seem to differ about the new Bus. On the one hand people are very happy with the bus, on the other hand the forum is filled with tons of threads about bugs.

I don't expect a plane like the NGX, but I expect a plane to work and I don't want to spend hours in errors and crashes. I'm not rich and 40€ is still much for me.

Don't get me wrong, I can imagine how much work you put in this product and I don't think it's too expensive. I'd really like to fly the A320 with all the features promised in the product description, but I'm just scared to get disappointed.

Can you help me?

I would recommend it 100%. The bugs are not show stoppers in the least. The most major "bug" on here, is that something is not implemented. If you can do simple math, and while at cruise, have an extra 30 seconds on your hands, you can figure out your own descent point if need be. You don't need any marker or anything....its all math. If you know the distance between two points, figure out how far it will take you along to get down to X ALT, then you can subtract that from total length and figure out that you will be at X along your route and when.

I do it all the time, even for fun. Should it be in the Bus? Yes, is it yet? No...are they working on it? Yes.

Other than that my friend, I have no complaints about it other than the fact that I fly it more now than my $70 NGX. It is my first addon Airbus and I am in love. I like the idea behind the tech in it...it is a cool plane. Learning how to fly it correctly has never been easier either because of the build in check list of all phases of flight. Forget about using the copilot to do the work, just read a little, turn on the checklist, and go to town with your copilot reading off the checklist for you.

Well, that post from WilliamJSS says all that I was going to say! It's a good simulation; a few bugs, a few things not, or not yet, implemented, Support and Developers always on the forum and on the ball - well worth the money. It's a lot of fun to fly.

I would recommend it 100%. The bugs are not show stoppers in the least. The most major "bug" on here, is that something is not implemented. If you can do simple math, and while at cruise, have an extra 30 seconds on your hands, you can figure out your own descent point if need be. You don't need any marker or anything....its all math. If you know the distance between two points, figure out how far it will take you along to get down to X ALT, then you can subtract that from total length and figure out that you will be at X along your route and when.

I do it all the time, even for fun. Should it be in the Bus? Yes, is it yet? No...are they working on it? Yes.

Other than that my friend, I have no complaints about it other than the fact that I fly it more now than my $70 NGX. It is my first addon Airbus and I am in love. I like the idea behind the tech in it...it is a cool plane. Learning how to fly it correctly has never been easier either because of the build in check list of all phases of flight. Forget about using the copilot to do the work, just read a little, turn on the checklist, and go to town with your copilot reading off the checklist for you.

That sounds good. As long as it's not crashing into the ground, I'm fine.

I've hidden Airbus339s posts and the replys to it.

@Airbus339: Please rethink about your behaviour and post back in a friendly tone. Being rude to anyone is no solution, expecially not towards a customer asking a legitimate question!

And now to the OP:

First of all: Yes I know that my opinion will most propably be seen as very Aerosoft friendly as I've Beta Tested the Airbus and therefore you might think I'll not give an honest answer.

I'll try to stay as neutral as I can here.

So, would I recommend the Airbus X Extended?

It depends a lot on what you want. If you're a hardcore simmer who needs NGX realism with every tiny switch fully simulated, then no I would not recommend it to you.

If you want a simulation which is fun to fly, includes most major systems used in the everyday life of a Pilot and want a visually nice looking plane, then yes this one is for you.

What is currently offered is an Airbus A320 simulation, including what's used in everyday life in the A320. Nothing more and nothing less.

It currently has some bugs and may be missing a feature some customers would like to see here and there (Take note that many customers do actually expect NGX quality in todays modern addons as they've got so used to it!), but we are trying our best to get those Bugs solved.

So to summarised: Yes, this Airbus has bugs in it, but I don't believe that those do spoil the fun to much. You may become a little annoyed by a few of them, but in my opinion it's not what you'll see most of the time. I myself once said it's flying well on 9 of 10 flights and this value is becoming better from update to update.

Buy it! It's an awesome aircraft! The best ever... and only for €40 ;)

No need to be ironic. We do not claim it's the best aircraft and we can't define "the best" anyway.

I've hidden your posts because they were offensive to the OP and we do not accept that. You can have your opinion that this is not a nice aircraft and you can state that, but do it in a friendly tone and we'll be all fine.

First of all: Yes I know that my opinion will most propably be seen as very Aerosoft friendly as I've Beta Tested the Airbus and therefore you might think I'll not give an honest answer.

I'll try to stay as neutral as I can here.

All right, thanks for your answer :)

Hi, ebksb123.......(sorry, don't know your name)..... :)

As was stated earlier by Emi, yes, the new "Bus" has a few "teething" probs - none of which have been show stoppers for me, either. (A disclaimer here - I am not a real world Pilot - so, I just fly for fun....I am not nit picky about minutae). If it flys (flies?) ok - then I am satisfied. I use some of the cool devices on the plane, but not all of them. I can tell you this - I did 3 CATIII landings today - all performed perfectly by the aircraft - in real weather (Opus FSX). The "Lady" set herself down to the ground elegantly (as a lady should). No more of the last minute nose diving the original bus was kind of plagued with - great job, Joshua!!!! (If you are the person who coded this).

Anyway - I have no regrets buying this aircraft - I know that the Aerosoft Team will continue to improve it until we are all happy (or should I say even happier than we are right now.)

Hope this helps......

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

Hope you get it buddy. I love it. Flying it right now actually out of some pretty tough airspace...KLAX, and she is doing great. I love the Casta2 departure...you should try that one if you get it...She handles it beautiful.

I haven't bought the Extended (yet), because opinions seem to differ about the new Bus. On the one hand people are very happy with the bus, on the other hand the forum is filled with tons of threads about bugs.

I don't expect a plane like the NGX, but I expect a plane to work and I don't want to spend hours in errors and crashes. I'm not rich and 40€ is still much for me.

Don't get me wrong, I can imagine how much work you put in this product and I don't think it's too expensive. I'd really like to fly the A320 with all the features promised in the product description, but I'm just scared to get disappointed.

Can you help me?

This is my opinion on the Extended:

It's by far better - both visually and system-wise - than anything A320 ever existing in the market. And extremely satisfying in manual flying (eg on finals).

However, it has some very serious issues that need to be resolved -> TOD issues, descent issues, and the most serious ones are lateral navigation issues regarding turns, and especially when radial interceptions are involved.

So, especially since you do not have the original Airbus X and you will pay the full price of €40 (and not €20), wait, until these serious lateral navigation bugs are fixed.

Miscalculated TOD is something you could probably live without, but the lateral navigation as it is now, is a stopper for me, IMHO.

You cannot follow any SID/STAR/approach that has radials and intercepting headings to fixes. Also transitions are totally ignored (not given in the MCDU for selection) except very few cases.

But when the above are fixed, go ahead and buy it without a second thought, because then it will be worth every penny.

To OP - Buy it.

Read the manual and learn how to fly it.

Understand its minor limitations in its present form and learn to adapt to overcome them.

Don't bitch because there's no wingflex and the APU winds up too quick for your liking.

Be thankful that at last someone is giving us a decent Airbus to fly.

Enjoy life and be nice to people, eat 5 fruit & veg a day.

:P

I am also a 100 % very happy aerosoft airbus x extended customer. Go for this plane you will not suffer or disappoint. Airbuses are very easy to fly.

I am still a silent observer of how the Airbus story unfolds, potentially very interested, but the past's not always positive experiences with premature PC game and software releases have made me a very cautious customer. I planned to wait until the box comes out, assuming that there would be at least one Service Pack until then. But reading the mixed opinions here gives me the impression that maybe it is wise to prepare for needing to wait even longer. I understand that the Aerosoft Airbus does not compare in system depth and complexity to the benchmark for FSX, which without doubt is PMDG's 737NGX. However, accepting complexity and system depth being toned down, I demand from a product that what it includes and has advertised in details and features, is functional, and reliably so. This seems to be not the case with some aspects of the product. I am flying the 737NGX and JR41 by PMDG, the Turbine Duke and Lancair Legacy by ReaAir, and the Piper Cheyenne by Aerosoft - so waiting will be easy for me, with so many other high quality platforms to chose from.

Either Aerosoft gets the problems fixed, or not. And that decides whether I put money on the table or not. So my answer to the final question of the topic starter would be: wait, give them time, keep a well-meaning basic attitude towards them. I assume the project is too important for them (commercially, and regarding their reputation) as if they could afford to bail out of patching too early, so I currently live by the expectation that they will fix sooner or later what needs to be fixed. Once they did, money can change the hands.

But not earlier.

Hi, ebksb123.......(sorry, don't know your name)..... :)

As was stated earlier by Emi, yes, the new "Bus" has a few "teething" probs - none of which have been show stoppers for me, either. (A disclaimer here - I am not a real world Pilot - so, I just fly for fun....I am not nit picky about minutae). If it flys (flies?) ok - then I am satisfied. I use some of the cool devices on the plane, but not all of them. I can tell you this - I did 3 CATIII landings today - all performed perfectly by the aircraft - in real weather (Opus FSX). The "Lady" set herself down to the ground elegantly (as a lady should). No more of the last minute nose diving the original bus was kind of plagued with - great job, Joshua!!!! (If you are the person who coded this).

Anyway - I have no regrets buying this aircraft - I know that the Aerosoft Team will continue to improve it until we are all happy (or should I say even happier than we are right now.)

Hope this helps......

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

That sounds also good. I don't need all the systems, as long as it's fun to fly! Thanks for your reply.

Hope you get it buddy. I love it. Flying it right now actually out of some pretty tough airspace...KLAX, and she is doing great. I love the Casta2 departure...you should try that one if you get it...She handles it beautiful.

Thanks for your reply!

This is my opinion on the Extended:

So, especially since you do not have the original Airbus X and you will pay the full price of €40 (and not €20), wait, until these serious lateral navigation bugs are fixed.

Miscalculated TOD is something you could probably live without, but the lateral navigation as it is now, is a stopper for me, IMHO.

You cannot follow any SID/STAR/approach that has radials and intercepting headings to fixes. Also transitions are totally ignored (not given in the MCDU for selection) except very few cases.

But when the above are fixed, go ahead and buy it without a second thought, because then it will be worth every penny.

Okay, thanks for your opinion. It can't be a bad idea to wait, since you can just read the forums to see what works and what doesn't.

I am still a silent observer of how the Airbus story unfolds, potentially very interested, but the past's not always positive experiences with premature PC game and software releases have made me a very cautious customer. I planned to wait until the box comes out, assuming that there would be at least one Service Pack until then. But reading the mixed opinions here gives me the impression that maybe it is wise to prepare for needing to wait even longer. I understand that the Aerosoft Airbus does not compare in system depth and complexity to the benchmark for FSX, which without doubt is PMDG's 737NGX. However, accepting complexity and system depth being toned down, I demand from a product that what it includes and has advertised in details and features, is functional, and reliably so. This seems to be not the case with some aspects of the product. I am flying the 737NGX and JR41 by PMDG, the Turbine Duke and Lancair Legacy by ReaAir, and the Piper Cheyenne by Aerosoft - so waiting will be easy for me, with so many other high quality platforms to chose from.

Either Aerosoft gets the problems fixed, or not. And that decides whether I put money on the table or not. So my answer to the final question of the topic starter would be: wait, give them time, keep a well-meaning basic attitude towards them. I assume the project is too important for them (commercially, and regarding their reputation) as if they could afford to bail out of patching too early, so I currently live by the expectation that they will fix sooner or later what needs to be fixed. Once they did, money can change the hands.

But not earlier.

This sounds similar to what hud635jk said. Thanks for your reply!

Archived