Maybe a stupid question

Ferradini

Hello:

I always like to fly my planes manually until FL180 and then below 10,000 feet when landing if the weather allows (thats for me where the fun is), my question is about the elevator. Usually after take off I like to set the elevator trim to my liking for the climb, but in the Extended as soon as I move the elevator the computer overwrite my input, I wanted to know if there is a way to liberate the elevator from the computer in manual flight. I look in the manual and I know the elevator is control by ELAC2 but this can not be disangage like in the X or the plane would not respond. I don't know that much about Airbus since my first Airbus was the X and I was able to set the elevator to my liking in it, I never flew the default Airbus. If not its not a big deal, just that I would like to know.

Second, Mathijs if you read this, thanks for your patience throughtout the Extended development process with our impatience to have it release and thanks to your great team, if the X was amazing the Extended is incredible. Can not wait for FS2Crew to develop the Extended version to have the complete experience.

Thank you all

Raul

p.s. excuse my english since its not my first language and if this question was answer before but I could not find it in the forums or manual.

Hi there,

First of all, if the question can be answered, it is not stupid. ;)

The airbus works differently to most other aircraft in regards to trim. For example, the initial takeoff trim is set, but once you are airborne, you can adjust pitch and then release the sidestick, it will maintain it's attitude. This is because of the airbus logic, which involves automatically adjusting trim.

To answer your question, You should not disable any of the systems, as it is both dangerous and not realistic. It's just how the airbus works in real life. However as I mentioned if you can set the A/T, you can simply adjust the attitude for climb rate and it should be plain sailing, with no need to trim the aircraft.

Hi there,

First of all, if the question can be answered, it is not stupid. ;)

The airbus works differently to most other aircraft in regards to trim. For example, the initial takeoff trim is set, but once you are airborne, you can adjust pitch and then release the sidestick, it will maintain it's attitude. This is because of the airbus logic, which involves automatically adjusting trim.

To answer your question, You should not disable any of the systems, as it is both dangerous and not realistic. It's just how the airbus works in real life. However as I mentioned if you can set the A/T, you can simply adjust the attitude for climb rate and it should be plain sailing, with no need to trim the aircraft.

Thanks Claudio, I know disabling system is not realistic, I use to do it with the X bcs like I said I don't know Airbus system very well and I like to have control of everything in the plane at take off or landing. But I think I'm getting used to the Extended after been flying it for over a week already, definitely is a complete different feeling as flying a boeing like my NGX, but I think that is what it make it fun. I love the plane so far, I just need to get used to it. Thanks for your input and safe flights.

Archived