Mega airport Amsterdam slow

I recently purchased the Amsterdam airport for FSX and noticed it runs like a snail once airborne in the surrounding area, like 5-9 FPS. I had the same problem with Budapest until you released the total remake. I am assuming that amsterdam is running on old FS9 code or something because Budapest was and ran like a snail. The new Budapest runs like a champ. I shut down all the traffic in the area to no avail. I turned the water textures down also since even the default EHAM area ran a little slow compared to other areas do to all the water in the area. I run a 4.6 GZ Intel sandybridge core and a Nvidia 470. which runs everything else smooth. I turned down my UT2 down to 20% but still running slow. Maybe UT Europe is causing problems but I am not removing that since it runs with all my UK2000 and FSDT sceneries very well. Guess I will wait for a FSX redo. FS9 is long gone, need to get on board with the now old FSX. Thanks Tim

• 3 weeks later...

I second this problem. I turned down all graphic settings but no frame rate imporvement. No frame rate increase. I have some other aerosoft mega airports and they run pretty smooth compared to this one.

• Aerosoft

Non of the other mega airports have the same ground layout. Mega Airport Schiphol has more ground polygons then several of the other mega airports together. That's mainly because of characteristic gutters around the taxiways and runways (that triples the polygons) and the fact the airport is just so large and has so many taxiways. These ground polygons are very hard for FSX. There is simply nothing to optimize, the only solution would be to remove stuff and we'll not so that.

Search our forum for more detailed explanation.