EDDS Stuttgart No Show

Baman

Hi,

I know this tpoic has been raised before. I have read the posts and the instructions in the EDDS download but I cannot get the scenery to appear. The scenery I see is the FSX default (yuk).

I have uninstalled the other sceneries that can cause the problem as well as EDDS. I have then reinstalled EDDS 1.02, renamed the folder and added it to FSX. Even on its own it does not show up.

I have activated the scenery and in the Aerosoft Launcher it shows as activated.

I'm stumped.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Dave

Hello Dave,

You shouldnt need to rename any folders.

Please un-install everything and delete any remaining files and folders assciated with the scenery.

Then re-install if your using Windows Vista/7 right click on the installer and select, "Run as Administrator".

Hi Shaun,

Thanks, I'll try what you suggest although I have done that already. Perhaps I left some remnants by mistake?

In any event I'll report back.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Shaun,

Can I confrm please?

Do I uninstall just Stuttgart or all sceneries listed as affecting Stuttgart?

I uninstalled EDDs (after removing from FSX). I deleted the EDDS file under the Aerosoft folder. Ran FSX without EDDS. Closed FSX, re-installed EDDS and ran the Aerosoft installer and ran FSX. Still no show from the scenery. It is listed in the scenery.cfg file.

If I should uninstall all sceneries listed as affecting Stuttgart, is there an order in which they should be reinstalled?

Thanks

Dave

• Aerosoft

Your error really points to the scenery.cfg being locked to you because you are not administrator on your system.

I suggest you use the standard uninstaller for all the affected projects, deleting the folders should then not be needed.

Then reboot your system and login as Administrator and install the software before doing anything else.

Your error really points to the scenery.cfg being locked to you because you are not administrator on your system.

I suggest you use the standard uninstaller for all the affected projects, deleting the folders should then not be needed.

Then reboot your system and login as Administrator and install the software before doing anything else.

Hi Mathijs,

Okay, I'll do as you suggest but, I am the administrator and UAC is turned off.

BTW, I did uninstall EDDS with the uninstaller but it left all the folders, I assumed it was because I renamed the EDDS folder. I did not rename it the last time I installed it so I expect it won't be a problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it this evening hopefully.

Dave

Dave

• Deputy Sheriffs

One more thought...is your FSX installation somewhere besides the default? Especially if you use Win7 64 bit, the default c:\Program Files (x86)\[fsx folder here] causes nothing but grief.

• Aerosoft

One more thought...is your FSX installation somewhere besides the default? Especially if you use Win7 64 bit, the default c:\Program Files (x86)\[fsx folder here] causes nothing but grief.

Ahhh yeah, that is a very good tip if people ever install FS again, pick a location OUTSIDE the Program Files directories. Saves you loads of trouble.

Hi All,

Okay it's fixed, thanks very much for your guidance.

I uninstalled all German sceneries from FSX then closed FSX, restarted FSX and closed it again. I uninstalled all German Sceneries from my computer restarted the computer and reinstalled EDDS, ran the Aerosoft Installer programme, ran FSX and all was well. Added various other sceneries without proble in the same way, so far no problem.

Not sure what the problem was?? My FSX is not in Program files it is in the C: root drive, EAC is off and I am the administrator.

I suspect taking short cuts was the problem. I.e. not restarting FSX and stopping it, not retarting the computer of uninstalling. Lesson learnt.

Thanks very much.

Dave

• Upvote 1