CTD: Mega Airport Frankfurt v.2.01 FS2004

navnak

Hello There,

I've got a strange issue going on with the EDDF 2004 scenery. First I searched this forum but I cannot find issues which regards to mine.

When I launch FS2004 and load up the scenery and choose the default Cessna. The sim loads fine. Then when I start to roll on the runway and the most of the airport comes in sight, the system freezes and after that i've got a CTD, crash to desktop. This also happens when I select a gate to start to load the cessna at.

Here's what I did so far to tackle the problem:

- First of all I thought it might be a corrupted flightplan (Lufthansa Cargo Wi2012), so I disabled that flightplan. Loaded up the sim, but still the same issue.

I deinstalled the whole scenery. Deinstallation and manual removed from the scenery library in FS2004.

- I checked if the sim was loading fine with the default scenery and all the AI. No problem at all. So the AI could not be the problem, I think

- Reinstalled v1.00,CTD.

- Then I installed v2.0.1. The sim crashed, also CTD

- Then I installed v2.0.2, the latest update with the hope that this version solved my issue, hmm not: the sim crashed again. CTD

I am using Windows 7, 64bit

Can anyone tell me what the problem can be with the update, if there's any?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Shaun,

I am sorry for the late reply.

No I dont have UTE or any other 3rd party textures installed.

I loaded the airport at midnight. No Crash to Desktop at all. I Taxied the whole airport around and flew over it. Is there something wrong with the daytextures?

What can it be?

Thanks in advance.

Dear Shaun,

I am sorry for the late reply.

No I dont have UTE or any other 3rd party textures installed.

I loaded the airport at midnight. No Crash to Desktop at all. I Taxied the whole airport around and flew over it. Is there something wrong with the daytextures?

What can it be?

Thanks in advance.

Okay try disabling any Landclass entries you have for 3rd party sceneries in the scenery library and try that in the day.

If it still crashes you may want to completely un-install the scenery and then re-install as sometimes that has fixed this issue.

Okay try disabling any Landclass entries you have for 3rd party sceneries in the scenery library and try that in the day.

If it still crashes you may want to completely un-install the scenery and then re-install as sometimes that has fixed this issue.

Dear Shaun,

As you can see and read in the previous posts i do not have installed any other 3rd party textures installed.

I Also uninstalled the whole EDDF scenery and reinstalled it again.

- First of all I thought it might be a corrupted flightplan (Lufthansa Cargo Wi2012), so I disabled that flightplan. Loaded up the sim, but still the same issue.

I uninstalled the whole scenery. Deinstallation and manual removed from the scenery library in FS2004.

- I checked if the sim was loading fine with the default scenery and all the AI. No problem at all. So the AI could not be the problem, I think

- Reinstalled v1.00,CTD.

- Then I installed v2.0.1. The sim crashed, also CTD

- Then I installed v2.0.2, the latest update with the hope that this version solved my issue, hmm not: the sim crashed again. CTD

Guest GoncaloCarvalhoPT

Hello Navak,

Try copying the fsx.cfg to a safe location and then delete the original and allow it to write a new one when FSX is next started.

Hi Shaun!

It's a FS2004 sim not a FSX.

Cheers! ;)

Ok. I will give it a try and will let you know. I'm sorry to tell you but it seems that you don't read the original post. Thx anyway for helping me out. Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Hi There,

I tried loading the scenery with the AI traffic at 0%. No CTD.

What should I do next? Remove the fs9.cfg?

Update: I removed the fs9.cfg file, then reloaded the scenery with 80% AI traffic. Unfortunately: a CTD

I dont know it anymore regarding MAF.

Why is it that the London Heathrow scenery is loading correctly with the AI traffic slider at 80%

Thanks

Hi There,

I tried loading the scenery with the AI traffic at 0%. No CTD.

What should I do next? Remove the fs9.cfg?

Update: I removed the fs9.cfg file, then reloaded the scenery with 80% AI traffic. Unfortunately: a CTD

I dont know it anymore regarding MAF.

Why is it that the London Heathrow scenery is loading correctly with the AI traffic slider at 80%

Thanks

Are you using WOAI Traffic as it would appear that you have a problem with that id it doesnt crash without AI, also if you do use WOAI did you install any Iberian AI.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using WOAI Traffic as it would appear that you have a problem with that id it doesnt crash without AI, also if you do use WOAI did you install any Iberian AI.

no, i do not have any WoAI traffic installed. All AI is installed manually.

I do have the AIG Iberia WI2011/12 and the AIG IberiaRegional WI2011/12 installed.

no, i do not have any WoAI traffic installed. All AI is installed manually.

I do have the AIG Iberia WI2011/12 and the AIG IberiaRegional WI2011/12 installed.

Its your AI Traffic thats causing the issue as some Iberian liveries are crashing systems.

• 4 weeks later...

Its your AI Traffic thats causing the issue as some Iberian liveries are crashing systems.

Ok, I am gonna give it a try. I disabled all the Iberian flightplans. Keep you posted

I removed the Iberian flightplans and the scenery doesn't causing a ctd. Now we are a step closer to a solution. Do you know by any chance which Iberian livery is causing the crash?

Regards

• Verified Developer

I removed the Iberian flightplans and the scenery doesn't causing a ctd. Now we are a step closer to a solution. Do you know by any chance which Iberian livery is causing the crash?

Regards

The problem are the Format of the Textures used by the AI Aircraft, when they are for example in 32 bit, not in DXT3, this can crash the FS. When you disable the flightplans, the related AI Aircraft are not show, so the Crash could not happen.

I had hoped, WOAI has learned there lesson, because in the past this appends with the Spanair packs too. The only way to solve it, is to correct the BMP Format of all Iberia Aircraft with Imagetool or DXTBMP.

The problem are the Format of the Textures used by the AI Aircraft, when they are for example in 32 bit, not in DXT3, this can crash the FS. When you disable the flightplans, the related AI Aircraft are not show, so the Crash could not happen.

I had hoped, WOAI has learned there lesson, because in the past this appends with the Spanair packs too. The only way to solve it, is to correct the BMP Format of all Iberia Aircraft with Imagetool or DXTBMP.

Thanks OPabst.

Thanks for your clear answer. I will give it a try.

Still the question remains that these repaints only crash the sim when at EDDF. At EGLL everything is OK.

Regards