Taxi signs gone at Stockholm-Arlanda

WebMaximus

Today I just noticed after landing at rwy 26 at Arlanda there are no taxi signs. Have been flying to/from ESSA a lot since it's my home airport but can't honestly remember if I ever had any taxi signs and I guess main reason for this is I use EFB which spoils you a great deal finding your way at the different airports so no need to look that much after taxi signs anymore.

Nevertheless I wonder if this is just a problem at my end with the Stockholm-Arlanda scenery or did anyone else notice the same thing?

Today I just noticed after landing at rwy 26 at Arlanda there are no taxi signs. Have been flying to/from ESSA a lot since it's my home airport but can't honestly remember if I ever had any taxi signs and I guess main reason for this is I use EFB which spoils you a great deal finding your way at the different airports so no need to look that much after taxi signs anymore.

Nevertheless I wonder if this is just a problem at my end with the Stockholm-Arlanda scenery or did anyone else notice the same thing?

I have been there a lot in the last days looking at something and I have noticed there there. Have you changed any settings installed anything else, got AI Traffic installed that uses its own afcads.

Hi Shaun and thanks for your prompt reply!

Nope, haven't changed anything lately to my FSX installation but as I said in my previous post I'm not sure if/when I ever had any taxi signs. One thing I came to think of after posting is if it could be because of Active Sky 2012 since that replaces many of the default FSX textures and one of the chategories is airport signs. But as I understood it this will only replace FSX default textures and I presume you use your own textures in your airport sceneries and not the default FSX ones? Looking in the log file in AS 2012 below are the files that has been replaced by AS 2012 and has the word 'taxi' in their names.

taxiway_marks.dds

taxi_concrete.dds

taxi_asphalt.dds

taxiway_detail.bmp

taxiway_detail02.bmp

Below are 2 pictures, both at ESSA from approx the same location looking out towards taxiway Zulu. The first from FSX with your scenery installed and the second from real life where you clearly can see the signs.

NotaxisignsinAerosoftESSA.jpg

TaxisignsIRLESSA.jpg

I agree with both of you. There are taxisigns, but lots are missing. The captain is taxiing from gate 6 down to 01L, I think. I just did that excercise. The two signs we can see in the picture are missing i Mega Arlanda. And while taxiing along Zulu down to 01L there are not a single sign until the change from Zulu to Yankee via Uniform. But that sign is in the opposite direction and labelled [uA <-A->], which I also think is wrong, because UA is to the left and A is not a valid taxiway, as I can see. And taxiing back along Yankee, there is only a few signs. And the signs are tiny, not like Mega Zürich f.x. An upgrade would be great!

http://www.lfv.se/AI...ESSA_2_6_en.pdf

Yes, you're correct. The second movie is from a SAS DVD I have and the captain is on his way from stand 6 to 01L.

I did a guided tour myself tonight at Arlanda and I found what you say, indeed there are taxisigns but lots of them seem to be missing so I agree an update would be most welcome.

And if there will be a future update could you please also consider looking over the taxi lights because to me they are too big/bright to look realistic while taxing especially at dusk/dawn.

Part from these minor issues I think the scenery is great and it's a tremendous improvement being used to the default FSX scenery.