Help - Antartica X - cannot load program from CD

stevebarker12

Help

Running Win XP

When I try loading Antartica X program from CD onto my I get the following message

Please go to Control Panel to Install & Configure System Configure

The software will not load at all as it will not go past this error message

When I look at CD contents all I see is a 1kb Autorun.inf file -no other files present.

I have unhid all files on folders on CD drive -but again only this one file shows

Yet the CD is showing a content of 7.72GB

I put the CD in another PC (without Flight Sim X on it) - and ALL the CD files all show up OK and the programme starts to load OK!

I have put other Flight Sim CD's in the same drive on my PC -and these run & load OK.

Its just Antartica X causing a problem,

After looking on web tried to get advice - I have looked for other autorun.inf files on root drive as these apparently may cause a conflict.There are none. I have also turned off anti-virus - no luck there.

I have checked and there is 33GB space on my C drive - enough for the Antartica X programme

I have now run out of ideas.

The root problem is the CD content does not seem to be showing on my CD drive and the error message keeps coming up.

Please can anyone help me as I have spent 2 weeks with no luck & sent several e-mails to Aerosoft with no answer

at all.

Thankyou

Steve

UK

• Aerosoft

Help

Running Win XP

When I try loading Antartica X program from CD onto my I get the following message

Please go to Control Panel to Install & Configure System Configure

The software will not load at all as it will not go past this error message

When I look at CD contents all I see is a 1kb Autorun.inf file -no other files present.

I have unhid all files on folders on CD drive -but again only this one file shows

Yet the CD is showing a content of 7.72GB

I put the CD in another PC (without Flight Sim X on it) - and ALL the CD files all show up OK and the programme starts to load OK!

I have put other Flight Sim CD's in the same drive on my PC -and these run & load OK.

Its just Antartica X causing a problem,

After looking on web tried to get advice - I have looked for other autorun.inf files on root drive as these apparently may cause a conflict.There are none. I have also turned off anti-virus - no luck there.

I have checked and there is 33GB space on my C drive - enough for the Antartica X programme

I have now run out of ideas.

The root problem is the CD content does not seem to be showing on my CD drive and the error message keeps coming up.

Please can anyone help me as I have spent 2 weeks with no luck & sent several e-mails to Aerosoft with no answer

at all.

Thankyou

Steve

UK

Steve, I think Sascha is correct and that your drive is not capable of reading the double layered disks. If you contact us on support@ aerosoft.com we should be able to sort this out.

I am worried though about your comment on the support emails as I see no open emails at this moment. I would like to sort this out and will contact you to find out what could have gone wrong.

My drive is 3 years old but loads all other flight sim software

I plugged in another dvd drive -this did not work either

Please can you arrange for me to download the software instead of using CD

Thankyou

Steve

My drive is 3 years old but loads all other flight sim software

I plugged in another dvd drive -this did not work either

Please can you arrange for me to download the software instead of using CD

Thankyou

Steve

Hello Steve,

Please write to me at support@aerosoft.com and mention this issue and I will send you instructions on how to proceed. Use the Subject title, FAO Shaun.