Aerosoft Launcher Issue

utd4life

Hey guys,

Downloaded both Corfu X and Zurich scenery for fsx today. Have tried to activate them but aerosoft launcher says it cannot connect to the aerosoft servers and to check my internet connection.

My internet connection is fine, and I have the most recent version of aerosoft launcher as I have checked for updates and there are none. I also have given Aerosoft launcher permission in my firewall. Any idea what the problem is here?

I have emailed support@aerosoft.de requesting my acitvation codes so hopefully I will get a reply soon. I am guessing this was the problem with my scenery as when I flew to corfu the scenery didn't work so I am guessing it's becaus I haven't activated it yet...

Regards,

Dan

Hi Dan,

When you purchased both sceneries you would have been directed to a download site(s). At the same time you will receive an email from Aerosoft with your product ID's. Once the downloads are complete you then unzip the packages. Ensure you Right Click the exe file and select "Run as administrator". On the set up starting you will have to type in your email address AND the Product ID. Then the product will install and 9 times out of ten the product is activated on install. Did this happen?? If not then you can register it within Launcher. If this fails then it's best to contact support to rectify....

Hello Dan;

Where are you located,I'm in the USA,and the Launcher doesn't connect to the server,and I'm not able to get to the Aerosoft site anymore,just the forum's,hopefully they can get this fixed.

Mark

Hi Dan,

When you purchased both sceneries you would have been directed to a download site(s). At the same time you will receive an email from Aerosoft with your product ID's. Once the downloads are complete you then unzip the packages. Ensure you Right Click the exe file and select "Run as administrator". On the set up starting you will have to type in your email address AND the Product ID. Then the product will install and 9 times out of ten the product is activated on install. Did this happen?? If not then you can register it within Launcher. If this fails then it's best to contact support to rectify....

Hi there,

Yes I got my Serial Key when I downloaded them and unzipped and installed the scenery. But when I flew to Corfu earlier this evening the Scenery at corfu wasn't working correct, so I assume I need to activate it, and I will need to do the same for Zurich also. I have the serial key but not the activation code which is required in Aerosoft Launcher to activate them and right now I can't connect to the sever. I sent them an email and they will hopefully email me back soon with the activation codes.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN AEROSOFT WILL EMAIL ME BACK WITH THE ACTIVATION CODES?

Hello Dan;

Where are you located,I'm in the USA,and the Launcher doesn't connect to the server,and I'm not able to get to the Aerosoft site anymore,just the forum's,hopefully they can get this fixed.

Mark

I am in the UK and also can't access the site.

Hi there,

Yes I got my Serial Key when I downloaded them and unzipped and installed the scenery. But when I flew to Corfu earlier this evening the Scenery at corfu wasn't working correct, so I assume I need to activate it, and I will need to do the same for Zurich also. I have the serial key but not the activation code which is required in Aerosoft Launcher to activate them and right now I can't connect to the sever. I sent them an email and they will hopefully email me back soon with the activation codes.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN AEROSOFT WILL EMAIL ME BACK WITH THE ACTIVATION CODES?

The reg key/ser key sent from Aerosoft IS your key you insert. No other key is needed. Try Matt's suggestion to see if that rectifies your problem.

The reg key/ser key sent from Aerosoft IS your key you insert. No other key is needed. Try Matt's suggestion to see if that rectifies your problem.

No it's not. Aerosoft emailed me the two Activation codes needed, these codes were NOT the same codes as the serial key.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No it's not. Aerosoft emailed me the two Activation codes needed, these codes were NOT the same codes as the serial key.

I'm sure James is right. In my experience with the old (activation page) and new way (the launcher) to register, you simply need to enter the e-mail address you gave when you set up your account (top field/block) and the alphanumeric serial number sent in the e-mail to your registered account (bottom field/block). That's it. Two fields/blocks to register/activate the product. Since you bought two products, you got two serial numbers, but each one is unique to a specific product. In the e-mail message, the serial number is right after the product name. You have to use the right serial number with the right product.

Are you saying there are three fields/blocks to fill out; an e-mail address, an "activation key" and a "serial key?"

Then with the above statement you did not purchase and download from Aerosoft. I have a number of add ons from Aerosoft and only need the one code to activate as that code is unique to your email address.....

Then with the above statement you did not purchase and download from Aerosoft. I have a number of add ons from Aerosoft and only need the one code to activate as that code is unique to your email address.....

It is true for most of the older Aerosoft products.

But not for all of them; some of newer releases, such as CorfuX or AntarcticaX require two-stage activation!

The first code is required to install an add on from installer (this is a code provided in purchase e-mail and available via shop account page).

After installation one should open the Launcher and activate the product to become fully functional.

This could be done online (without any code), but now some users, like myself, has serious porblems forcing Launcher to connect online with aerosoft activation servers. In that case also offline activation is possible, but it requires additoinal activation code, which is provided via e-mail by aerosoft support.

So the Launcher connection problem is affecting buyers of some new Aerosoft releases.

It is true for most of the older Aerosoft products.

But not for all of them; some of newer releases, such as CorfuX or AntarcticaX require two-stage activation!

So the Launcher connection problem is affecting buyers of some new Aerosoft releases.

Strongly disagree on your above statement my friend. I purchased Antartica X a few day's ago along with a number of other add ons and I can definitely inform you that I purchased, downloaded (twice) the poduct, Installed it as administrator. On installing I was asked for my email (top box) and code (which was sent with my email order confirmation), bottom box. I did not have to ask Aerosoft via any fora nor email for another code to activate it. See attached.

post-12981-0-41792000-1325167495_thumb.j

• Upvote 1

As I said before, when Launcher connects online with Aeorosoft servers, activation is done by simple click on Anctivate button shown on your pic.

Additional code is required exclusively for off-line activation.

It seems very strange to me, that you do not have to activate AntarcticaX via Launcher. The activation via Launcher "Activate" button is described in manual, even in short version available on product page in Aerosoft store (see last page of .pdf manual).

Very detailed description of activation process is also provided in CorfuX manual (last two pages of .pdf you can download from product page).

Hope this would clear up activation isue.

As I said before, when Launcher connects online with Aeorosoft servers, activation is done by simple click on Anctivate button shown on your pic.

Which I do and have no issue.

Additional code is required exclusively for off-line activation.

Never had the privilege of having to use this option so never had an issue!!

It seems very strange to me, that you do not have to activate AntarcticaX via Launcher.

I have activated nearly ALL of my products from Aerosoft through the Launcher, therefore, don't get your remark!!

The activation via Launcher "Activate" button is described in manual, even in short version available on product page in Aerosoft store (see last page of .pdf manual).

Very detailed description of activation process is also provided in CorfuX manual (last two pages of .pdf you can download from product page).

Can't disagree with you on this point as have downloaded my manuals and read them....

Hope this would clear up activation isue.

No, therefore, you best enlighten me :chairfall_s: