Installing Antarctica X from the DVD. Quick question.

martinlest

Hi. I must firstly admit that although I have received my DVD, I haven't been able to try the installation yet as I am currently abroad and won't have access to my FS PC until the New Year. I wonder though if someone could kindly confirm the DVD installation procedure, as reading the forum I am not sure what the 'launcher' does (some people apparently forgot that stage and so have a corrupt installation) and whether this is a separate process.. the booklet to the DVD frankly doesn't inspire confidence by starting off by telling you to 'run the file that you downloaded from your shop account'. Oh well ...

Is the procedure exactly the same with the DVD installation as for a downloaded file, as on p.6 of the manual - the same verification procedures online etc.? Is there a step-by-step guide somewhere? Or maybe it's so straightforward one isn't needed?

Whatever, can't wait for Christmas to be over so I can get back and fly!!! ;-)

Thanks,

Martin

• Deputy Sheriffs

The online activation process with the Launcher should be always the same regardless of DVD or download ans as described in the manual.

There is only one recommendation I can give: The launcher is updated very frequently, so you can't be sure that you got the latest version with the DVD. And so you should perform the following steps:

Important: Run everything as Administrator (right click on e.g. setup.exe and "Runs as...")

1. Install AntarcticaX and at the end there should be a checkbox to install the Launcher. Uncheck this box and finish the installation, do not run FSX.

2. Download the latest Launcher here and install the Launcher.

3. Run the Launcher and it will find all your Aerosoft products, choose AntarcticaX and proceed as described in the manual.

Hope that helps ;)