Absolutely Stunning

Guest Hodge001

Guest Hodge001

This is an aircraft that I have waited a long time for, and to get a rendition like this has made the wait worthwhile, she is as the title suggests "stunning", I thought that the Wilga had character (which she has) but the OV-10A has that and more.

Thank you for making this one, it really has made the all the waiting worthwhile.

Jim Hodkinson

I'm thinking of getting this plane, but I'm not sure yet. I'm a fan of realism, but I also do not want to read the manual for hours to be able to start the props...

Could you tell me some experiences of yourself?

Starting the engines is a piece of cake when you follow the checklist. It gives an audio confirmation once a task is complete and adds a green tick to the checklist item in question. Also, there are some presets for Cold & Dark etc. When you select the "Ready for Taxi" state you are good to go without any hassle.

The realism really shouldn't keep you from getting this excellent bird. If you don't have any experience with realistic birds like this It sure sounds a lot more intimidating than it actually is. Aircraft designers don't try to make it hard on the pilots. The procedures are quite logical, easy to remember and not as complicated as you might fear.

Starting this bird from cold & dark is really eiser than it sounds:

+ Power levers: ......................................... GROUND IDLE

+ Condition levers: .................................... SHUT OFF (NOT SHUT OFF & FEATHER)

+ Primary DC bus: ..................................... POWERED (BATT DISC & BATT MAIN SWITCHES ON OR GRND PWR ON)

If propellers not feathered:

+ Start switch: ........................................... ON

+ At 10% Ng RPM : .................................... CONDITION LEVER NORMAL FLIGHT

If propellers feathered:

+ Power levers: ......................................... MOVE INTO REVERSE RANGE

+ Airstart switch: ...................................... CRANK

+ Prop at flat pitch set Airstart switch: ..... AUTO

+ Power Levers: ........................................ GROUND IDLE

+ Start switch: ........................................... ON

+ At 10% Ng RPM: ..................................... CONDITION LEVER NORMAL FLIGHT

Normally the propellers are un-feathered (blue procedure).

Finn