No AI traffic at Madrid

ScottecLEMD

Hi

I just purchased and installed the Mega Scenery Madrid. Great scenery but now my AI traffic does not show. I can see the traffic on FS Commander and I can hear all the ATC transmissions. I can also see the Navlights of the AI aircraft...but that is all. You can see my easyjet A320 sitting on gate 300 and then if you look at the FSC picture the airport is well populated with AI traffic.

I used the default MS FSX LEMD prior to this and all the AI aircraft displayed correctly, is it still continues to do at all my other airports.

System is Windows 7-64bit Home Premium with FSX Deluxe and SP2 installed.

Please help as this scenery is awesome but I am not getting the full enjoyment.

Thanks

Ken

post-48094-0-58034100-1317464669_thumb.j

Hi

I just purchased and installed the Mega Scenery Madrid. Great scenery but now my AI traffic does not show. I can see the traffic on FS Commander and I can hear all the ATC transmissions. I can also see the Navlights of the AI aircraft...but that is all. You can see my easyjet A320 sitting on gate 300 and then if you look at the FSC picture the airport is well populated with AI traffic.

I used the default MS FSX LEMD prior to this and all the AI aircraft displayed correctly, is it still continues to do at all my other airports.

System is Windows 7-64bit Home Premium with FSX Deluxe and SP2 installed.

Please help as this scenery is awesome but I am not getting the full enjoyment.

Thanks

Ken

Please disable "Aircraft cast shadows on the ground".

Thanks for the reply. Why should I need to disable a feature of FSX in order to get your scenery package to work? This is not a problem for all other addon scenery I have.

The reason is because your AI Traffic is not fully FSX Compliant. Its not FSX that is at fault or the scenery but the AI Traffic being used.

The reason is because your AI Traffic is not fully FSX Compliant. Its not FSX that is at fault or the scenery but the AI Traffic being used.

ÓK, but if my AI Traffic works perfectly well with other sceneries, notably the UK 2000 FSX Extreme series as well as all the FSX default sceneries then why would it only be a problem with the AES software?

ÓK, but if my AI Traffic works perfectly well with other sceneries, notably the UK 2000 FSX Extreme series as well as all the FSX default sceneries then why would it only be a problem with the AES software?

Its the same with a lot of other things, why do some things in FS9 work in FSX but others wont. If your not using fully FSX Compliant AI traffic then it wont work in all places.

pity you don't mention that on your sales pages, I could have save myself some money!

System requirements for FSX:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2/Acceleration Pack)

Windows XP(SP2), Windows Vista

Pentium 3 GHz (Duo2Core Intel strongly advised)

1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)

256 MB graphic card (512 MB recommended)

Download-Size: 80 MB

Installations-Size: 180 MB

Shaun

Forgive me for asking more but, on researching this problem, I have found several answers which indicate that this could partly be due to Fs2002, Fs2004 scenery code. Again, I am only experiencing this with the Aerosoft products, not with any of the default FSX or Scenery 2000 files. Indeed there is even a thread which indicates that you yourself had aircraft shadow problems with AES LHR Mega Scenery as you made available a patch.

And without buying additional software how in fact do I make AI Aircraft 100% FSX compatibile?

Thanks

Ken

Hello;

Are you using Fsx,and what type of traffic product are you using,I have no problems out of My Traffic X,with Aerosoft products,and other manufactures.Do some searches on the forums,first,you might need to rename the BR2 files in the My Traffic scenery folder,for the appropiate airport.

Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for the note. I am using FSX SP2 and AI products from AIA, TFS, DJC etc (most of which are also in UT2). I use AI Flight Plan to compile my AI bgls. I have never had a problem with "Aircraft Shadows On Ground". I run a whole bunch of Scenery 2000 products (which are great) and all my AI traffic shows. However, after installing LEMD Mega Scenery, which is also great, I noticed that all my AI aircraft had disappeared, at least at LEMD. All I could see were the nav lights. I was told that this was a problem because my AI aircraft were not 100% FSX compatible. Fair enough, but on researching the web I have seen several threads on this subject which point to Scenery Code from FS 2002/2004 that was in conjunction with Scenery Code for FSX and that this can cause a problem with shadows.

It just annoys me that having spent money on an enhancment that I am being told I should go buy My traffic or UT2. Maybe AES should look into the problem rather than suggesting parting with more money!

Shaun

Forgive me for asking more but, on researching this problem, I have found several answers which indicate that this could partly be due to Fs2002, Fs2004 scenery code. Again, I am only experiencing this with the Aerosoft products, not with any of the default FSX or Scenery 2000 files. Indeed there is even a thread which indicates that you yourself had aircraft shadow problems with AES LHR Mega Scenery as you made available a patch.

And without buying additional software how in fact do I make AI Aircraft 100% FSX compatibile?

Thanks

Ken

This was a completely different problem to my knowledge whereby shadows of aircraft we all over the place like ghost shadows.

What AI Traffic program are you using!

• 4 weeks later...

i have the same problem (like many others). I am using IVAP from IVAO (which is using ai traffic from AIA and so on). AI works on all other airports as well and as far as i remember, there was a short period, when everything worked like it should (i saw AI traffic and shadows where enabled) but then, suddenly, it didnt work anymore. Is there a planned fix for this or do i have to live without shadows (which is bad) ?

i have the same problem (like many others). I am using IVAP from IVAO (which is using ai traffic from AIA and so on). AI works on all other airports as well and as far as i remember, there was a short period, when everything worked like it should (i saw AI traffic and shadows where enabled) but then, suddenly, it didnt work anymore. Is there a planned fix for this or do i have to live without shadows (which is bad) ?

The fix is easy, use a set of compliant models, as you are using legacy fs9 models etc then you will have these issues.