Crash fsx when use gns530 realityxp

Magnum65

• Deputy Sheriffs

Found on SimForums:

The GNS530 requires the Garmin GNS530 Trainer. As this is a 16-bit application it doesn't work in Win7 64.

The GNS530W however uses new coding and a different Trainer, and should be 64-bit compatible.

• Deputy Sheriffs

For future reference I like to add the following to this thread, because people might think the issue is related to the Katana (but it is not, the error occurs with all aircraft that have a RealityXP GNS integrated in the Virtual Cockpit).

Yesterday I experienced the same as the OP on my freshly installed (64-bit) system after installation of the GNS530W, i.e. a crash of FSX when loading the Katana, and blank 2D pop-ups of the GNS530W on other aircraft.

The reinstallation procedure of the Flight1/RealityXP license was extremely confusing to me, and seems to be the cause.

The solution was to do an installation of the RealityXP GNS530W using a freshly downloaded 'software-wrapper' from the productpage of RealityXP.

Before I had used my 'old' downloaded setup files from my previous system. It appears to be a 'licensing issue'.

Here is the thread:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/rxpfln-gauges-blank_topic40022.html

I do not know if this would solve the OP's problem, but for me it did.