!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

Sign in to follow this  
speedywrx

DA-20 faulty ASC.DLL module

Aerosoft team,

I just purchased and installed the DA-20 katana v4 software and after every flight when I go to "end flight" FSX crashes. I go into event log in control panel to find this error:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: ASC.DLL, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b2520f0

Exception code: 0xc0000417

Fault offset: 0x00003d72

Faulting process id: 0x2a70

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc6391a4e30dd3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Diamond DA20-100 'Katana'\panel\ASC.DLL

Report Id: 86381499-cf89-11e0-aa00-90e6baa61097

I'm already patched to FSX SP2. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thank you.

• Upvote 1

I should also mention I'm running Windows 7 64-bit OS, Intel i7, ATI 5870 gpu, 12 GB RAM, SSD primary drive in case it helps.

Your poblem are insufficient access rights. When installing FSX in the default directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\" you have to run/install FSX and all its addons as Admin. Otherwise it won't work.

I strongly recommend you to uninstall FSX and all your addons and install it e.g. at C:\FSX or even better on a separate drive, if available.

Otto is bang-on. And please note the correct forum and do make use of the copious manuals, which are a not optional for an aircraft of this complexity.

Roger that. Otto was correct, it was an error with the program not being run in admin mode. Works like a charm now!