Please choose your area/language

Christopher Barbas

post-7338-0-25879200-1314200419_thumb.pn

Hi, this screenshot is from the main Aerosoft main weblink which has the Europe flag as a selection of language or area.

Europe is an area but is not a selection of language. The European official languages are 23 in count.

In other words it doesn't mean that if someone is from Europe has to talk English as it is at your selection.

I think it will be better this Europe flag to be removed, also the word "area" has nothing to offer there.

Thanks

• Aerosoft

post-7338-0-25879200-1314200419_thumb.pn

Hi, this screenshot is from the main Aerosoft main weblink which has the Europe flag as a selection of language or area.

Europe is an area but is not a selection of language. The European official languages are 23 in count.

In other words it doesn't mean that if someone is from Europe has to talk English as it is at your selection.

I think it will be better this Europe flag to be removed, also the word "area" has nothing to offer there.

Thanks

Well that's why we added area to it. So if you are from Europe and not German, Spanish, Portuguese or French you got another options for Europe.

Adding all the flags of the remaining European countries seems to be a but superfluous, right?

An Aussie flag would be handy or a Rest of the world icon as i got confused which to use. It does'nt matter though, as mentioned, the shop sorts out if you pay VAT or not. Unless you are in the US it really comes down to your language it seems.

• Aerosoft

An Aussie flag would be handy or a Rest of the world icon as i got confused which to use. It does'nt matter though, as mentioned, the shop sorts out if you pay VAT or not. Unless you are in the US it really comes down to your language it seems.

True, let me discuss that with the webmaster.

Hi

Actually that's what I wanted to mention, it's already talked by some here.

If it's about the VAT options and so on, it can be selected lately at eshop by the members.

It would me nicer and more polite for customers/members to select the "English" flag as language for browsing Aerosoft, instead of a "Europe" flag which brings up the pages at English.

Thanks

Why `English` when you yourself have stated that there are 23 European languages?

Are you not now proposing exactly that which you complain about?

The flags exist as indicators of trading zones. If you don't like that it's not Aerosofts fault, it's the weakness and bureaucracy-loving nihilists who believe just because they few share a vain, self-serving notion that that we are all one people, so should the majority, and then impose their minority will on that majority to the collective detriment of the all...

And you are not allowed to recommend an English flag unless you are English. But I suspect you are not thinking about the cross of St George

StGeorgesCross.gif

You are thinking about the Union Flag

500px-Union_Flag_Component_Flags2.PNG

which is NOT an English flag.

It is, as can be seen above, a flag derived from an accumulation of nation states...

....and therefore even less relevant than the Euro option already utilised.

Here endeth the lesson. :mellow:

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...