TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD keeps getting reset to 1024

BlueBaron

Hello,

Well this is a strange one but after hours and hours of experimenting and testing this out, I have come to the conclusion that the Katana is wrecking havoc on my Texture_max_load setting. For some reason, the Katana always resets it back to 1024. The way I found this out was by using the Katana and then seeing how low the textures were on other add-on aircrafts such as the PMDG NGX which seems to demand Texture_max_load to be set at 4096. Can this be fixed in the next patch please? I love the Katana but I also like using other addons without having to constantly using different fsx.cfg files or constantly resetting the texture setting back to 4096.

Thank you

MJ

It's not the Katana.

You need a persistent tool to ensure that the setting is not automatically returned to 1024 by the sim. It does this every time you access the menu system in the sim.

There are a couple of tools out there that will do it for you.Best to search for the one to suit your needs

• Upvote 2

My flying buddy in the US says the same thing. Every time he changes something within the FSX menus, it resets to 1024. Until the next time he starts the sim, and alters that line in a config file.

Exactly, although you can `force` a higher figure, the sim can't recognise it so as soon as you trigger the menu system in the sim, it re-sets to the maximum the sim can recognise for itself.

That's why the tools exist, or in the case of addons like FEX or REX, the ability to set it independently on every launch of the sim.

• 9 months later...

Once you have edited your FSX.CFG back to 4096, have you tried making the FSX.CFG file read-only?

Right click on fsx.cfg file -> Properties -> General tab -> tick Read-only attribute box?

No, don't do that.

Snave may be right. Maybe the fsx.cfg file is written too quite a lot by addons and FSX itself while it's running. Can you confirm Snave?

Correct. This advice was obsolete in `07 and is particularly pertinent with Win7 and its stupid permissions structure