AFCAD Problem EHAM FS9

Jimbo90

Hi All

I have been searching these forums for the answer but as of yet have not came accross a solution so please can I ask for some help. The problem I am having is that I have selected the North AFCAD file and although the AI Traffic lands fine, nothing departs.

The only changes I have made to the AFCAD is by changing the landing priorities for the two landing runways 36L/18R and 36R/18L to meet the single ILS requirements for either 18R and for 36R. for example,

36L = TAKE OFF ONLY / 18R = LANDING ONLY

36C/18C = TAKE OFF ONLY

36R = LANDING ONLY / 18L = TAKE OFF ONLY

Last night sat down for a few hours checking the AFCADS for any dead taxi links connected to the departure runways and honestly could not see any errors. My only assumption would be that the landing traffic on 18R must conflict with traffic headed to 36C/18C and all the traffic from 18R must taxi around 36C/18C in order to get the the terminals. Of course I could be wrong but was wondering if anybody has had similar issures or has fixed this problem.

Thanks

James

Hi Shaun

Thanks for the reply, An excellent point I will check this out tonight.

I have also recently downloded Rik Hagens AFCAD from flightsim.com as I was checking the AFCADS section of the Alpha India forum last night for solutions, Thus far it seems to be working very well..

I will post back after I have had a check.

Cheers

James

Hi Shaun

Right I have a result, I have moved the hold short points and while doing this I noticed the actual taxi tracks on the runways were not designated under the runway name/description (i.e originally blank when it should be 36C/18C etc), So I changed this from blank to the right runway description. The ATC can now knows where the active runway is and can now run normally.

So now the traffic is now flowing, still got some testing to do but the ball is now rolling.

Once again thanks for the hint Shaun.

Cheers

James