Question on VC and 2D panels

mopperle

• Deputy Sheriffs

Took the chance to buy the A300 during the last weekend promotion and start to get familiar with this "old style" Bus.

As I normally use only the VC, there are always some panels that can be better handled in 2D mode. And all relevant 2D panels of the Bus can be accessed while using the VC, except the CDU as there is no keyboard shortcut. Does anybody know a workaraund?

BTW I would be nice to have the panel switcher available in the VC like in 2D mode. I've seen this in other aircrafts, where you can call it through a hidden clickspot.

Hi,

I'll take a look at your question tonight and get back to see what you can do to make this possible.

My first guess would be to change the order of the windows on the top of the "panel.cfg" file so that the CDU is within the first 9 windows in the list. Same trick should probably work for the panel switcher. But I'll test to see if this works.

Björn

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I'll take a look at your question tonight and get back to see what you can do to make this possible.

My first guess would be to change the order of the windows on the top of the "panel.cfg" file so that the CDU is within the first 9 windows in the list. Same trick should probably work for the panel switcher. But I'll test to see if this works.

Björn

That's the kind of support I like ;)

Hi Otto,

I checked it and the solution that I offered works fine so:

- Open the "panel.cfg" file in notepad or similar text editor

- Change the numbers of the "Windows" on the top of the cfg file. For instance Window02 will be shown when the "3" key is pressed

- Also change the WindowXX numbers in the sections below e.g. [Window04] will be the window that is shown when you press the "5" button

Make the same change for the Passenger panel (Directory: Panel.pax => panel.cfg)

* It is important to know that [Window08] is the highest number you can use if you want a short number key on the keyboard to load the pop-up panel you want.

* [Window00] and [Window01] should best not be changes as these are special panels.

* Make sure that in the end you have no double [WindowXX] numbers

Good luck!

Björn