Airbus captains

Tomaz

Hi Tomaz

It's the only aircraft i use .still think it's great.waiting patiently for the patch ,but still use it everyday.

did a long flight last night(for me)LFMN to LPMA,both Aerosoft scenery airports.both amazing.

steve :D

Also for me the almost the only aircraft I use. I do flights from/to Riga and as a aicraft it's perfect for carying flights around Europe (not a fan of long flights). As I have a FSX company (in my mind :D) I don't even want to change. As in real world Riga is more of a Boeing airport I like to be a combo breaker. Why do you ask?

Well... I do always !!<div><br></div><div>I have all possible add-ons for FSX and despite of the Airbus X bugs, it's still my number 1 among all nice airlines...</div><div><br></div><div>I have all CS planes, LVL-D, PMDG (747-400X and J31) and recently, I bought iFly 737 for FSX ! It's VERY nice but since it's very new for FSX, there are some minor bugs... But it's super nice !&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>One more thing... Regarding graphics, NOTHING IS COMPARED to Airbus X !!! NOTHING !!&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway, I'm not really waiting for the Airbus X V2.... I'm very happy with the "not complex" version ! I'm just waiting for the 1.23 !!!</div>

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you ask?

I just wanted to see how many people are using it on the regular basis.. from time to time I decide to make a flight with it and I'm always pumped and excited about it but at the end of the flight I'm always like.. eh.... and than I don't use it for a few months, than I forgot about all shortcomings and here we go again... use it once, park it for a few months. I don't care about lack of SID/STARS and it's "liteness".. it's all the problems with FBW (nosedive), auto landings (for me a mythical thing),... that bother me. I usually fly PMDG MD-11 or 747 or J41 or LvD 767,.. so I'm used that major things work properly. I know that some don't have any problems (well, if I believe them, which I do, and if they fly it a lot and not just once and conclude everything works, which I don't know), well, sadly, I do.

But it's still one of the most beautiful models for FSX, VC is outstanding and I really really hope they come through with the advanced version.

I just wanted to see how many people are using it on the regular basis.. from time to time I decide to make a flight with it and I'm always pumped and excited about it but at the end of the flight I'm always like.. eh.... and than I don't use it for a few months, than I forgot about all shortcomings and here we go again... use it once, park it for a few months. I don't care about lack of SID/STARS and it's "liteness".. it's all the problems with FBW (nosedive), auto landings (for me a mythical thing),... that bother me. I usually fly PMDG MD-11 or 747 or J41 or LvD 767,.. so I'm used that major things work properly. I know that some don't have any problems (well, if I believe them, which I do, and if they fly it a lot and not just once and conclude everything works, which I don't know), well, sadly, I do.

But it's still one of the most beautiful models for FSX, VC is outstanding and I really really hope they come through with the advanced version.

Hiya Tomaz, I have owned the Airbus X for the best part of about eight months. Not having SIDS or STARS for me was not a big thing, because up until now (just got the Ifly737) I was not bothered. As for the nose diving thing, sure, at the beginning that was a big issue, obviously, but I now fly take offs and approaches manually, with the ELACS 1 & 2 switched off, which disengages the auto trim, and the rest of the flight on AP set with waypoints. I line my last waypoint up about 10 miles out from the airstrip and voila! Or I'll fly IFR using the local ATC and co-ordinate manual landings that way. I found unless I switched off ELAC 1 & 2 it was a joke. The 'other' plane is great, but IMO comes nowhere near the Airbus on VC and model build quality.

Hiya Tomaz, I have owned the Airbus X for the best part of about eight months. Not having SIDS or STARS for me was not a big thing, because up until now (just got the Ifly737) I was not bothered. As for the nose diving thing, sure, at the beginning that was a big issue, obviously, but I now fly take offs and approaches manually, with the ELACS 1 & 2 switched off, which disengages the auto trim, and the rest of the flight on AP set with waypoints. I line my last waypoint up about 10 miles out from the airstrip and voila! Or I'll fly IFR using the local ATC and co-ordinate manual landings that way. I found unless I switched off ELAC 1 & 2 it was a joke. The 'other' plane is great, but IMO comes nowhere near the Airbus on VC and model build quality.

Yes, I agree, "the looks" are amazing and that's probably the reason I'm coming back for more even though I know how it's going to end (by putting it back to hangar to collect dust for a few months).

I understand your solution for FBW problems by disabling FBW but I refuse to do that since FBW is "the heart" of an Airbus and what makes an Airbus. Turning it off is making it more like Boeing.. in that case I'd rather fly Boeing than.. 767, 747,.. and I do :) But no problems, if this solution is good for you and others, great, it's just not for me.

I regularly still fly my Airbus (bought back in the first week after it was released) for a number of reasons. Firstly, although I do love my Concorde X, quite often I don't have the time to sit down and run through a full cold and dark flight with it, as I often forget parts of various procedures and then have to consult the manual.

I find that this is where the Airbus X really shines: the ability to get a flight underway from dark and to be in the air in just a few minutes. Now I know all the arguements from the serious simmers, things like "the Airbus X isn't detailed enough" or "has poor flight characteristics", and to be honest, I do agree as I consider myself to be a "serious" simmer myself. However, as we can see from the forum, a more in-depth version will be available soon, and the "basic" version will also be fixed.

In addition, I've now grow so familiar with the Airbus, that the major grips I had originally don't bug me anymore, as I know where they will crop up, and how to work around them.

At the end of the day, my Airbus X is certainly not left in the corner of my hanger to collect dust; if not for one major reason - the visual model is by far the best of any aircraft that I have seen in FSX to date, and the ability to get in the air fast, something I don't think will really be hampered too much by the advanced version, is still a factor I consider important for when I don't have much time available.

Anyway, just my two cents.

I regularly still fly my Airbus (bought back in the first week after it was released) for a number of reasons. Firstly, although I do love my Concorde X, quite often I don't have the time to sit down and run through a full cold and dark flight with it, as I often forget parts of various procedures and then have to consult the manual.

I find that this is where the Airbus X really shines: the ability to get a flight underway from dark and to be in the air in just a few minutes. Now I know all the arguements from the serious simmers, things like "the Airbus X isn't detailed enough" or "has poor flight characteristics", and to be honest, I do agree as I consider myself to be a "serious" simmer myself. However, as we can see from the forum, a more in-depth version will be available soon, and the "basic" version will also be fixed.

In addition, I've now grow so familiar with the Airbus, that the major grips I had originally don't bug me anymore, as I know where they will crop up, and how to work around them.

At the end of the day, my Airbus X is certainly not left in the corner of my hanger to collect dust; if not for one major reason - the visual model is by far the best of any aircraft that I have seen in FSX to date, and the ability to get in the air fast, something I don't think will really be hampered too much by the advanced version, is still a factor I consider important for when I don't have much time available.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Thanks for your thoughts.

That's true, just the preparation (getting weather, building flightplan, TOPCAT, ASE,..) for 763, 744 or something similar takes me almost 30 minutes and than getting into FSX (loading everything, setting RC4, TIR,..) takes a lot of time so before I'm sitting at the gates cold&dark almost an hour can go by if I take my time (ok, on a slow day)... with AirbusX you can be in the air very quickly.. that's what I did yesterday, made a very short flight LDDU-LJLJ, got a slight nose down when disconnecting A/P but it was manageable.

I'll give it a few more shots, maybe I'll get used to it's problems and live with it.

Three things I'll be most definitely buying from Aerosoft are AirbusX Advanced, CRJ and BAe!

I've found for some reason my Airbus X has become more stable over time. I don't get as many crashes as i used to. I have had it 7 months now and still enjoy it. I have not got the time to go really in depth with a flight so it suits me very well.

Lovely model and performs well on my mid-system. I go through times of using the Twin Otter for short flights and then the AIrbus gets wheeled out for some high flying action.

I've never regretted the purchase.

Simon

I have the Airbus since it was released and I still fly it. Not as often as in the beginning (which means that I don't do 4 or 5 flight a day with it anylonger), but I still make 4 or 5 hopps with it every week.

The bugs it has aren't that disturbing anylonger because I konw how to get around some of them. Also I'm not a real Airbus captain and so I can ignore it when something doesn't go like in the real thing. I mean, in the end it's still a simulation I'm flying and not a real Airbus. And well, if the simulation works different than I learn to fly the simulation as I most propably won't fly an real Airbus ever.

Anyway for those who are annoyed by the nose diving issue: Just turn off the Flight Director at about 200 feet above the ground, then the issue shouldn't appear. (That's one of those work arounds I use)

Regards

Emi

Anyway for those who are annoyed by the nose diving issue: Just turn off the Flight Director at about 200 feet above the ground, then the issue shouldn't appear. (That's one of those work arounds I use)

Interesting, I didn't know about that one.. I'll try it. And you mean "Flight director"... not FBW, right?

I was flying it this week quite a lot.. about 5 flights and the only thing that is still bothering me is this nose dive. I landed manual every time, once it was really hard to recover (I disconnected it too late) but other times recovery was no problem but still.. it's annoying.

But like Chris said, the huge advantage of AirbusX is that you can be in the air a lot quicker than in some complex airliners even from cold&dark so it's a nice thing if I want a quickie after work when I'm too tired to go through whole procedure setting up for example a MD-11 flight - which is also a lot of fun.

Interesting, I didn't know about that one.. I'll try it. And you mean "Flight director"... not FBW, right?

I was flying it this week quite a lot.. about 5 flights and the only thing that is still bothering me is this nose dive. I landed manual every time, once it was really hard to recover (I disconnected it too late) but other times recovery was no problem but still.. it's annoying.

But like Chris said, the huge advantage of AirbusX is that you can be in the air a lot quicker than in some complex airliners even from cold&dark so it's a nice thing if I want a quickie after work when I'm too tired to go through whole procedure setting up for example a MD-11 flight - which is also a lot of fun.

Yes I meant the FD not the FBW. (This green thing in the PFD which shows you where to point the aircraft)