A Change we should consider making

The rules on jets at Andras Field. We have a huge long runway, why are we requiring prior permission for jets to land that are over 5.7 tons?

3a) Jet/turbine operations on the airfield (landings etc) for Jet aircraft up to 5.7 tons are allowed without prior announcement.

3b) Jet/turbine taxi is allowed for aircraft up to 5.7 tons, from 10.00 - 12.00 AM. and again from 2.00 - 6.00 PM.

3c) Jet/turbine taxiing in the airpark for Jet/turbine aircraft over 5.7 tons are forbidden in any case.

3d) Jet/turbine landing/takeoff in Andras Field, for Jet aircraft over 5.7 tons must be announced by posting in this thread, as early as possible prior to the operation.

4) It is prohibited to taxi after sunset and before sunup - 30 min. Please use one of the small tractors (or even electric carts) available on the field.

5) Aircraft have priority over vehicles. No exceptions!

6) Maximum speed for aircraft is 10 mph, for cars 15 mph. Regular checks are done for your own safety.

For landings in Jet/turbine aircraft over 5.7 tons - please announce it by replying to this post.

What I propse is that we remove the requirements on getting prior permission all together. Its a bit pointless and most people forget or just dont bother lol. So what I suggest we change paragraph 3 to is: Unrestricted jet perations is allowed from 0600 UTC to 1800 UTC. Turbo jets (so jet fighters old airliners (anjything that doesnt have a turbo fan ;) ) 0900 UTC to 1500 UTC as they are too noisey.

That should hopefully ecourage more traffic at Andras Field. As for jet ops after 1800 UTC what I propose is any jet traffic has a mandatory traffic pattern to runway 9. This can be drawn up into procedures so that jet air traffic can be flown to avoid the airpark. In which case we could extend jet ops to 2000 UTC. Id go as far as to say that jet ops past 2000 UTC should be strictly phrohibited, so the younger residents who have early bendtimes dont get interrupted.

As usual comments below :)

Paul, any thoughts? What I will do is make a whole new post in rules and regs. Kind of like a FAQ of all the rules and airfield procedures in one easy place. Seeing as at the moment they are strewn though out the forum in different places. Even I had a hard time finding most of the info :angry: