how to add-on liveries

cfoley

How do I work the add-on liveries for the 747-400X to add to FSX? I found the site for add-on liveries for PMDG747-400X, but after I download, I don't know where to take it from there so I can it to FSX. It is saved in my download file.

• Aerosoft

How do I work the add-on liveries for the 747-400X to add to FSX? I found the site for add-on liveries for PMDG747-400X, but after I download, I don't know where to take it from there so I can it to FSX. It is saved in my download file.

It depends how the livery is created, so you would have to ask the repainter for exact instructions.

Unfortunately, there were no instructions. I checked again with the PMDG website for add-ons. Just the download button, which I did and it is in my download file. From where to go from there, I have no clue.

Unfortunately, there were no instructions. I checked again with the PMDG website for add-ons. Just the download button, which I did and it is in my download file. From where to go from there, I have no clue.

As far as im aware, its an EXE file.So open the file you downloaded,run the exe whitch will find the plane in fsx- -so make sure to piont it to the right location- it should do it automaticly though

It is an EXE in my download file. But no success in transfering it into FSX.

You don't say what your operating system is XP/Vista/Win7?? If Vista or Win7 are you right clicking the exe file and choosing "Run as Administrator". Do you get the option to point to your FS Location?? Lot's of missing information for folk's to assist!!

I have Windows 7

I have PDMG_744-8:_UA in my downloads file. I right clicked for "Run as Administrator.

The following message block comes up: "Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to the computer?"

I clicked "yes"

The following page appears: "Installed Shield Wizzard" and offers 3 options. The 1st one is Modify - which states "select currently installed features to remove. The 2nd is "Repair" which states "Reinstall all program features installed by the previous setup." The 3rd is "Remove - Remove all installed features. I clicked "Modify" and "Repair" on previous occasions with no results. Anyway, I clicked "next" for "Modify" and "3Bit Features" comes up. I click "next" and the message "The InstallShield is modifying PMDG_744-8:_UA.

When I then go into FSX, the one thing that appears when opening up is the following block message: "Security Warning. The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" Click "Yes" to automatically load you start software whenever you start flight simulator. Select "No", to load software for this session only.

You don't say what your operating system is XP/Vista/Win7?? If Vista or Win7 are you right clicking the exe file and choosing "Run as Administrator". Do you get the option to point to your FS Location?? Lot's of missing information for folk's to assist!!

I have Windows 7

You don't say as to whether you have UAC OFF or ON? If On then turn it off by moving the slider all the way down to the bottom....

When I then go into FSX, the one thing that appears when opening up is the following block message: "Security Warning. The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" Click "Yes" to automatically load you start software whenever you start flight simulator. Select "No", to load software for this session only.

Which do you click, Yes or No? This should not happen for an add-on livery for any aircraft every time you load FSX!!! Have you looked in the relevant A/C folder's aircraft.cfg file to see IF the livery has been added, if not, then it isn't going to show! Where is your FSX installed? It needs to be either in a folder of it's own on your C: drive (if you only have one drive) or on it's own dedicated drive! Have you also tried the PDMG Fora for an answer to your issue?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have Windows 7

I have PDMG_744-8:_UA in my downloads file. I right clicked for "Run as Administrator.

The following message block comes up: "Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to the computer?"

I clicked "yes"

The following page appears: "Installed Shield Wizzard" and offers 3 options. The 1st one is Modify - which states "select currently installed features to remove. The 2nd is "Repair" which states "Reinstall all program features installed by the previous setup." The 3rd is "Remove - Remove all installed features. I clicked "Modify" and "Repair" on previous occasions with no results. Anyway, I clicked "next" for "Modify" and "3Bit Features" comes up. I click "next" and the message "The InstallShield is modifying PMDG_744-8:_UA.

What you are telling us, sounds very strange:

When I download an Add-On livre for the 747-400x it is just an exe file, that doesn't come with any warnings!

So, IMHO there is only one reason for you're problems:

- you downloaded the wrong file: in your first post you are talking about the 747-400x and later about a PMDG_744-8:_UA. These are 2 different products!

It would be interesting to know, what did you download from where?

I originally purchased the CD for PDMG 747-400X Queen of the Skies. It down loaded into FSX okay, but I wanted to add an airline to the jet. I went to the PMDG website and went to "Down loads" I then clicked "Add-on-liveries" and picked United Airlines (New Colors) FSX version, and the rest above in my previous posts is all I got after downloading it.

When I download an Add-On livre for the 747-400x it is just an exe file, that doesn't come with any warnings!

- you downloaded the wrong file: in your first post you are talking about the 747-400x and later about a PMDG_744-8:_UA. These are 2 different products!

I went ahead again and looked at the PMDG website and downloaded again. This time I noticed the blue bar with a few aircraft on the site. I cannot recall if I saw that before, but this time I clicked on FXS/FS2004 747-400/F and I picked the airline and it downloaded into FSX. I do get the publisher warnings and asking if I want to proceed, including when I open up FSX, but I have no problems in getting to the aircraft and get it flying. ......Just one question. The PMDG 747 does not have the GPWS callouts. It has the engine sounds but not the call outs, or sounds of clicking a switch or the sounds of the flaps, landing gear, etc. I checked the sounds menu and everything has a check mark, including all various callouts. I also checked the instructions in PMDG 747-400 manual and they stated there is a simple tool knob, but this knob is not in the PMDG sound menu when I have the 747 loaded up FSX. Is there a reason why I cannot get the callouts or the knob is not in the PMDG menu selection? I found another website with someone with the exact same problem with images posted at No more callouts on 747X PMDG - The AVSIM Forums but he did not get a reply for his problem that I could work from. It was also over 2 years old.

No, I haven't because I am not a member and not familiar with them. I did a Google search to for the problem I have with PMDG and came across them.

Hello Cfoley,

Have you tried to get support for your issues directly from the PMDG Support Forums at Avsim.com

With other repaints for Payware aircraft I have to add the relevant information off the ''Read Me'' document into the original model's cfg file for it to show up in my flight settings, do you not need to do this with PMDG stuff ??

Cheerz. Transport Steve.

Steve, I am not too familiar with this and where to even look for the "Read Me" document. I only have the instruction manual for the 747. As far as the "Rread Me" document or the cfg file, I don't know where to look.

With other repaints for Payware aircraft I have to add the relevant information off the ''Read Me'' document into the original model's cfg file for it to show up in my flight settings, do you not need to do this with PMDG stuff ??

Cheerz. Transport Steve.

No, I haven't because I am not a member and not familiar with them. I did a Google search to for the problem I have with PMDG and came across them.

You may as well join as they are the developers of this product and can help you in more ways than we can.

You may as well join as they are the developers of this product and can help you in more ways than we can.

Assuming you've check all the FSX `basics` as far as hardware and software are concerned. Sounds like you might have an incorrect setting in the sound menu.