Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Balearic Islands ntdll.dll CTD

Blackline

Hi everyone.

Looking for some help with a problem I am constantly facing whenever I try to use any of the three airports in the Balearic Islands X package. My FSX program and all my addon programs are running very smoothly, I installed Balearic Islands X by download and chose the appropraite option re currently installed Mesh (FS Genesis). After a few moments firing up my aircraft, CTD as below:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16695

Fault Module Timestamp: 4cc7ab86

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0002e04e

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: e8ad

Additional Information 2: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

Additional Information 3: e8ad

Additional Information 4: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

Asked about on the Windows Seven forums and was advised to remove BIX which I did, ran CCleaner, rebooted, ran up FSX at the default Mallorca Airport and all back to normal. Tried a reinstall of BIX and hey presto, smae problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

PC Spec - Intel i7-950 @ 3.8GHz (Factory OC), ASUS MBoard, 6GB Ram, GTX-480, 1TB HDD

FSX, FS Genesis, REX2.0, GEX, WILCO 737PIC

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Anonymous,

as the error doesn't point directly to Balearic Island X (ntdll.dll is a core OS file), there could be many reasons outside FSX:

- no SP1 for Win7 installed

- outdated graphic card driver

- insufficient access rights (what is your installation path of FSX?)

Also, could other addons cause the problem.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi everyone.

Looking for some help with a problem I am constantly facing whenever I try to use any of the three airports in the Balearic Islands X package. My FSX program and all my addon programs are running very smoothly, I installed Balearic Islands X by download and chose the appropraite option re currently installed Mesh (FS Genesis). After a few moments firing up my aircraft, CTD as below:

ntdll.dll errors are among the most frustrating you can have as there are so many causes possible (just google it). As suggested, make 100% sure that Windows, drivers (do not forget sound card drivers), FSX, and Direct X are fully updated.

When that's done and you still have the error I would start by removing the FSX.cfg (FSX will make one on startup), I have seen the issue solved by that a few times.

OK, being a little lazy, I took your advice Mathijs and deleted the FSX.cfg file (easiest option to start with), and the results were a success - initially. However, after about an hour, the crash re-occured so I will now check all driver updates and revert.

Cheers

• Aerosoft

OK, being a little lazy, I took your advice Mathijs and deleted the FSX.cfg file (easiest option to start with), and the results were a success - initially. However, after about an hour, the crash re-occured so I will now check all driver updates and revert.

Cheers

That might indicate a memory leak (drivers can cause that) or problems with heat buildup.

Thank you Mathijs and mopperle for your guidance, it turned out to be a graphics driver issue. Updated my card to 270.61 and hey presto, smooth as silk - phew. Was terrified I'd have to reinstall the whole lot.

Happy landings gents.

Stuart

• Aerosoft

Thank you Mathijs and mopperle for your guidance, it turned out to be a graphics driver issue. Updated my card to 270.61 and hey presto, smooth as silk - phew. Was terrified I'd have to reinstall the whole lot.

Happy landings gents.

Stuart

Thanks for letting us know and good to hear it is solved. Happy flying!