Yellow "oil" items on service menu

trisager

How do I get rid of the yellow indications on the "oil" items on the service menu? I've tried several times to perform the service actions on "SAE20" and "SAE40" (presumably changing the oil to that grade), but the yellow indication always returns when I do a new inspection.

I've installed the beta patch.

post-13960-0-53385200-1304155189_thumb.j

I have the same and also wonder what this is. I think I read something somewhere about it but I can't find it anymore. I seem to remember that this didn't happen before the beta patch, but I may be wrong. The inlet bafflet is also always yellow but since it isn't installed, I suppose I can ignore that?

YEs me too have this problem. I chnage the oil and oil filter. fly 10 minutes alnd and do inspection again then oil is yellow again. Oil cannot be deteriorate s fast that it need replacing after 10 minutes flight. Also have the beta installed.

Something isn't right. Both oil selections should not be lit at the same time as you have to choose which viscosity to install.

Did you make the oil selection in the oil replenishment window? Did you drain the old oil first?

Looks like something is `out of phase` with the servicing requirements. Probably best to change the engine as I think this re-sets the various oil parameters (Marcel will need to confirm that).

Also install, then de-install the baffle.

I think the problem may simply be that pressing the icons next to the "oil" item on the service menu doesn't do anything (other than display the progress bar).

This time, when I got the two yellow icons, I drained and replaced the oil myself from the "oil and liquids" menu under "preflight". After doing this I went back to the service menu and did a new inspection. This time the two icons next to "oil" remained black.

By the way, how do I select which oil grade to use? Presumably this decision would depend on the outside temperature?

By the way, how do I select which oil grade to use? Presumably this decision would depend on the outside temperature?

I'd also like to know that.

BTW If the oil icons are yellow and (indeed) indicate you need to replace the oil (drain it completely and add new, I guess?): do you have to do that manually or will clicking either icon do it for you...? I noticed some items in the Workshop or Service menu do something you can also do yourself (a lot quicker too, liking placing a cap on the fuel tank, which takes ages in the service menu). BTW I guess both are yellow indicating you can choose any of the two, enabling you to switch grades.

BTW If the oil icons are yellow and (indeed) indicate you need to replace the oil (drain it completely and add new, I guess?): do you have to do that manually or will clicking either icon do it for you...?

I think the intention was that, by clicking one of the two "oil" icons on the service menu, the oil would be replaced for you (with the grade you selected). It does not appear to work like that, however.

I did replace the oil manually and made the yellow indications go away, but after a quick 5-minute hop and a new service inspection, they come up yellow again. I also got much higher cylinder head temperatures after doing the manual oil change (close to redline).

I also got much higher cylinder head temperatures after doing the manual oil change (close to redline).

Did you turn the prop until you heard air coming from the system? If not, you probably overfilled...I found out that you HAVE to turn the prop EVERYTIME when you want to check the oil, even when you just did it (which is of course odd, but that's how it is). Sometimes I have to swing the prop 12 times before I hear that gurgling sound.

Did you turn the prop until you heard air coming from the system? If not, you probably overfilled...

Yes, I got the gurgling, so that's not it.

For me both oil indicators stay yellow in the service menu as well. I also have the beta patch installed.

p.s.: maintenance and service inspections show all systems as A-OK, which isn't surprising, because I handle the aircraft by the book.

I did replace the oil manually and made the yellow indications go away, but after a quick 5-minute hop and a new service inspection, they come up yellow again. I also got much higher cylinder head temperatures after doing the manual oil change (close to redline).

the same here as said above. 5-10 minutes after oil change (manual or via service,) the oil was yellow again at inspection. (both show yellow even though I selected SAE20 in the manual oil chnage screen (selected left bottle and it have blue around the bottle.

From the logical side, shouldn't the Inlet Baffle be ok too when it isn't installed? It's marked yellow in your screenshot and I also see this yellow mark without having it in use.

That yellow (for me) says 'something isn't right with the installed item', may it be oil or that Baffle. So if there isn't a Baffle, it can't be ok or not ok as it isn't there.

The oil change warnings (I interpret those yellow marks as such, your oil just is old now) could come up if you have filled in both sorts of oil I guess. So they are both existent and if they need a complete change, they may come up yellow-marked. Just guesswork of mine though.

The oil change warnings (I interpret those yellow marks as such, your oil just is old now) could come up if you have filled in both sorts of oil I guess. So they are both existent and if they need a complete change, they may come up yellow-marked. Just guesswork of mine though.

I haven't refilled at all yet and only flew the Katana for about 4 hours (I did a reset a few days ago) and both my oils are yellow. That can't be right. Oil sould last something like 20 to 25 hours at least (so I just read). It could be that Marcel speeded up the times for things to go bad in order to keep people 'entertained'. Having to wait for things to go bad in real time, may take months for some...;)

I haven't refilled at all yet and only flew the Katana for about 4 hours (I did a reset a few days ago) and both my oils are yellow. That can't be right. Oil sould last something like 20 to 25 hours at least (so I just read). It could be that Marcel speeded up the times for things to go bad in order to keep people 'entertained'. Having to wait for things to go bad in real time, may take months for some...;)

I agree with you. Yellow lights for oil come on WAYYYYY to quickly.. this is so close to the real thing that I actually would like to only see oil yellows only start about 18-20 hours and after 30 hours become red.