Vista not recommended - why?

FSAddict

Hi,

system requirements say, Vista possible but not recommended - what trouble do I have to expect after Installtion on my Vista 64 Sytsem?

Thanks in advance.

I'm stating the opposite, Ryan. Win7 made me forget about the various Vista "specials" which I don't miss at all. As you see, no clear line visible when talking about the perfect OS.

• Aerosoft

We do not advise Vista for certain add-ons as it has problems in memory mapping. Add-ons like this one push FSX to what's possible and that in combination with detailed scenery you are running close to problems. If you match our support to the OS we see that Vista is simply causing far more problems.

For sure it will work, but as W7 is now available there is a far better option.

I think I'm going to go back to Vista... all these darn problems I've been having with 7 ugh!

Windows 7 is better than Vista in every respect. I have no no idea how you could have (more) problems with it.

A lot of people seem to have problems with Windows 7 because they let it rule them and not the other way round.

I find that if you use the appropriate precautions, you can then turn UAC right down to minimum and then install everything by right clicking on the installer Icon and selecting, "run as Administrator" if the option is there.

Then run the program as Administrator.

Nothing like letting your computer know whos the boss. ;)

For a split second I thought I started this post and didn't remember it. (your screen name) Gotta go back to bed..ha ha

And I thought for a Moment : "Did I reply to myself?" :D

I'm addicted to every FS.

As to Windows 7 : I never understood the point of an operating system that minds most of the things you wanna do with your computer until you learn to reactivate most of the features of the os - mmh.

As to the decision to change to Win 7: For me it's not the question if, but when - as long as the old computer works and all the addons are installed (FS9 + FSX), Vista will remain the os - new computer, new os.