VERY VERY BAD FRAMES

Emi

Hi,

I have tried using the nVidia Inspector to make a few changes for my FSX. I did it as advices in the PMDG Forum.

Here's what it said you should do:

8xSQ.jpg

But after that I had blurry textures and so I resetted the programm to the defaults.

But now I get about 2 FRAMES when I'm at bigger airports!!!!!!! I have an I5€2.8GHz and an GTX 460.

My settings look like that:

unbenannt32.jpg

Normally I would get about 30FPS with my PMDG MD11. Now I'm getting about 2FPS.

One thing which is still left to mention: The frames are only getting bad when i'm at a bigger addon airport by aerosoft.

Other airports work perfectly.

Just as an example: At MAP EDDM I get about 2 frames with the default 172. At GAF EDXO about 30FPS. When flying from EDXO to EDDH I'm loosing all my frames when EDDH comes inside.

Does anyone know what I can do to get the goood frames back again?

I'd be glad if someone could answer, because at the PMDG forum I don't get any answers.

Thank you

Emi

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Emanuel,

don't know what happened on your system, but did you try to use the "Restore current profile to NVIDIA defaults" button within the NVIDIA Inspector?

About your FSX-settings: I would rise meshcomplexitity to 100 and lower watereffects to 2.0 low.

Other helpfull hints can be found here.

Guest Paul Düster

just a hint:

Anisotropic filtering setting @ 16x ?! isnt this a LITTLE overdressed?

I mostly use 4x, this already eats a lot of performance. Its optimizing every texture u see, so imagine how hard this affects on an airport or plane with a lots of large textures.

• Upvote 1

stuff i noticed:

Water at max; radius Detailgenauigkeit gross = back to medium levels

check out the Aerosoft recommendations here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/30796-why-i-get-50-fps-in-fsx-and-you-might-not/

Antialiasing 8x, Anisiotropic 16x = set to 4x

Multidisplay mode (disable when you run just one monitor)

cheers

Jaeger

just a hint:

Anisotropic filtering setting @ 16x ?! isnt this a LITTLE overdressed?

I mostly use 4x, this already eats a lot of performance. Its optimizing every texture u see, so imagine how hard this affects on an airport or plane with a lots of large textures.

16x AF has no impact on newer cards like GTX460 and all.

I don't know how ATI handles AF, but Nvidia is not bugged by it. And without 16x AF textures in FSX look BAD.

Only thing I find overdressed in OPs post is Wassereffekte, this should be either notch below highest OR highest 1x if your computer can't handle 2x (this IS very much system taxiing).

I completely agree with OPs post, there must be something wrong in his install and/or Aerosoft's software...