Prologue - Andreas

Andreas_W

Saturday morning, the phone rang. It's Matt, our dispatcher. He has some ferry flights for me. The first one is from our homebase EAFS AndrasField to LFMN Nice. Matt was so kind to taxi the King Air in front of my house so that i just could fall out of my bed into the cockpit wacko.gif

Herbert our neighbour from the other side of the street (he loves to blaspheme about me behind my back ph34r.gif) took of course a picture of this moment. but as long he dont know how to secure his wifi, i do know everything what he saved on his computer laugh.gif:lol::

i got the ATIS and taxied to rwy 27. There will be nice weather on my trip down to the mediterranean sea. holding shot rwy 27.

what the f**k. my wife relaxes on the roof in our pool angry.gif and me? i have to fly! sad.gif

turning left to KPT VOR

LFMN Visual Approch Rwy 04L

on the apron:

and the log of this trip:

Saturday: 2nd flight.

This flight is from LFMN Nice to LIPV San Nicolo. A DC3 have been repaired in Nice and must now be flown back to the owner

the weather is still nice and soon Venice get into sight.

a visual landing without any charts or any other aidings like a PAPI... haven't done this for a very looooong time

here my logbook and the map

Immediately after landing, i had to change the aircraft for the next trip. This will be a very big challenge and a risky one, too. A Baron B58 have to be flown over the alps to LSGS Sion.

The get over the mountains flying FL140 should be enough, but ATC wants us to fly in FL170. huh.gif

ok. then i file the flightplan with FL170 and up in the air, i refuse to continue climbing ph34r.gif

climbing to FL140 took some minutes. i tried to climb to FL170. it worked, but i only with 100-200fpm on the VSI and an airspeed of 90kt IAS ohmy.gif

unfortunately my DSLR didn't work above FL100. i don't know why, probably because of the thin air.

after descending down into the valley, i was able to "reanimate" my DSLR

on final to Sion

here the log and the map:

Monday morning and still many many miles away from home, so i called my dispatcher Matt.

Matt: "Hey Dude, u're in Sion - right? ok, man. new day - new flight. There is a Lear 45 with you in Sion, bring him back to me....but, can u do me a favour? fly first to Insbruck and pick up some bottles. u know what i mean? they will arrive in LOWI Tuesday morning about 0600 Zulu"

"Hey Matt, u're kidding me? i'm flying for u acros Europe for three days now. And now, i have to sleep in Insbruck because you can't live without austrian beer? try the german one! it's brewed to the german purity law! angry.gif:cussing_s:

and all this for a fistful of dollars.... :banghead1_s:

it's spring and the sun sets early while i entered the valley for East-Approach:

Good Night Insbruck! :hi_s:

Early next morning, i filed my flightplan to AndrasField and went over to the Lear 45. i wanted to be back in AndrasField just when the bakery opened to get fresh breakfast rolls.

it was so early, even the nightingale was singing :-)

House in sight :-)

Harry is already waiting for me to guide me into the right position

Here my Logbook for the 5 flights:

and the Map for the last trip