Iceland part 1 mission

Chompski

Ok first thing: Description tells me to take a G221 from EAFW to a lake near Wilhelmshaven. Worried me a bit, its a mighty long flight EAFW - Iceland via Wilhelmshaven in a Goose lol

I am going to advise people to use time acceleration- you don't have to fly it in real time.

The reason being that I have this map from 26th july 1945 and an article about planning for future air transport and the main leg is Stavanger to Iceland

post-27132-030160100 1296389265_thumb.jp

pic way too small here's the link

http://www.flightglo...20-%201447.html

and the article

http://www.flightglo...20-%201446.html

article part 2

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1945/1945%20-%201449.html

Mission briefing is just a place holder

Mission success will have to look in to thought it was just because I had already done it - I have a trigger with flight conditions to end if you have landed on the water - I wonder if this is causing this.

Thanks for looking

Awesome idea, I like thes old routes. Nothing like flying the Blue Spruce transatlantic routes (UK, Iceland, Greenland, Canada). Its a bit round the houses but interesting flying

The voice overs are a nice touch too. Although did catch me unaware briefly wondering where the voice was coming from. Then it clicked ah my headset lol.

The weather is also pretty grotty, definately IMC most of the way to DKB VOR ^_^ Quite turbulent too at 7000', the gates over the VOR's are a nice touch seeing as the weather isnt the best. I just wish this Goose had a heater :lol:

Edit: thoughts on time compression: It will kind of spoil the overall effect of the mission, specially if theres any events along the route? Besides it really doesnt take that long to get there. Whack on George maintain a visual watch over everything while getting on with other stuff, simples.

It seemed to crash FSX half way though :mad: Although I have no idea what caused the CTD, its the first tiem its happened with fsx on my new rig. Will investigate further

Update, reboot and chkdsk look like they have fixed the problem, am testing at the moment. Paul, is it possibly to have the missions outside of the packaged exe? Or would that make things too complicated?

Im not too sure? lol

I was just thinking to manually install the files needed into the relevent paths, rather than have an installer do it for me. Im old school when it comes to things like that. Having never done anything with missions before I wouldnt know if this is at all possible? If it is too much hassle dont worry, the mission looks like it works after a reboot, chkdsk and some verbal abuse a good talking to. Been in the cruise for an hour now (with weather changed to very overcast just to make sure its not my rig causing problems) with no sign of a problem.