Idea 2: fly-in scenery at Andras Field

Tyrion

Hey guys,

Yet another idea I came up with (surprising how creative one can be when one's supposed to be studying :blush: )

A mode for fly-in scenery at AF.

For example, placing a couple of gliders and trailers for gliders around the airfield (and maybe even airpark) when using the glider fly-in scenery,

placing water aircraft and flying boats in the seaplane base, along with amphibians around the airport for a seaplane event,

filling the airport with GA aircraft for a general fly-in etc....

Those kind of things.

As AF is reaching the limit on frame rates, as stated, especially for less powerful rigs, I'd suggest doing this as an extra, not built into the main scenery.

For example, using small installers (and uninstallers) per fly-in event, to be used by those who are interested, and who's rigs are powerful enough.

What would be even more user-friendly is to use a control panel like the seasons.exe or traffic panels for other Aerosoft titles, or the control panel Orbx uses for their airports.

(got the idea from there: Orbx's Avalon airport YMAV has an airshow mode, which is really nice, but terrible on frame rates, which is turned on and off through the control panel)

Do you think this would attract enough attention to justify the development time?

what do you guys think?

grtz,

Lars

for clarity, a list of modes I was thinking about (not saying I thought of everything)

- gliders (my field of expertise lol)

- seaplanes

- military

- air show (mix of everything)

- general aviation (a normal fly-in event)

- commercial traffic: for example, you've all seen the pictures of Canadian airports after 9/11, more recently the same happened in Ostend (where I study) when the London Airports were closed due to snow and ice... a lot of airliners that are usually not there were forced to land there until London was open again.