FS9/FSX versions

martinlest

I've searched this forum and Googled, but no answer, so although I am sure someone must have asked this kind of question before (probably several times), I'm going to have to ask again. Sorry!

If I have already purchased an aerosoft product for FS9 and would like the same for FSX, am I able to do so free or at a discount or must I purchase from scratch? Thinking of Lukla scenery at the moment. I have Aerosoft's Heathrow for FS9 and FSX - pretty sure I didn't pay twice? If I am entitled to the FSX version of Lukla (etc.) free, how do I go about it? There's only the FS9 version in My Account

Thanks!

Martin

• Deputy Sheriffs

I've searched this forum and Googled, but no answer, so although I am sure someone must have asked this kind of question before (probably several times), I'm going to have to ask again. Sorry!

If I have already purchased an aerosoft product for FS9 and would like the same for FSX, am I able to do so free or at a discount or must I purchase from scratch? Thinking of Lukla scenery at the moment. I have Aerosoft's Heathrow for FS9 and FSX - pretty sure I didn't pay twice? If I am entitled to the FSX version of Lukla (etc.) free, how do I go about it? There's only the FS9 version in My Account

Thanks!

Martin

I would say it is quite simple:

If the shop says you get both versions, then you will find both versions in your shop account (When you bought the download version) or both version will be on the CD/DVD. IF not, there might be an upgrade option or not.

In the case of Lukla X (don't know if there was an pure FS9 version before Lukla X): I bought the download version and have both versions in my account.

Thanks. I too bought the download version, but in 2006, so can only find the FS9 version in my account (AS_Lukla.zip - or is that the download for both versions?) ..

Does that mean that if I had waited I'd have got FS9 & FSX versions together? Shame if I have to buy the FSX version separately, if you got both in one.. :-(

M.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, 2006 is a long time ago, Lukla was released in 2008 and was a complete new product. And you can not expect to get a free upgrade on any new version that comes years later, escpecially when the new product costs only 14.95 Euro (download version) :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents

Hello Martin,

Please be careful about which shops give you what for your money.

Some shops will only give you the one version and some both.

Many people have read like for Stuggart we now release the FS2004 version and as soon as the FSX version comes out those who purchase for FS2004 will get the FSX version added to there accounts free but assume this to be the same elsehwere when its not..

We normally state if there is an upgrade option or whether it free etc.

Like the section on the Lukla product page below.

UPDATE- INFORMATION (Download-Version only):

Owners of the previous Lukla - Mount Everest for FS2004 have the possbility to use our cost-saving update service of the download version. You will be offered the update price of 9.95 € when you insert your serial code of the FS2004 version (download during the order process (above the Payment method).