Munich Airport FS9 - Major performance issues!

simgreen84

Hi,

I have recently bought Mega airport Munich and have some issues.

It takes a long time for the scenery to load and often after a while it gives up and I get a message saying that there isn't enough memory and FS9 shuts down.

I have the same problem with Arlanda airport and also Frankfurt. Can you help me to optimise my system or offer some advice for upgrades?

My computer specs are as follows:

Dell Dimension 5000

1GB of RAM

72GB of hard disk space left

Radeon X300 series graphics

I just don't know what to do to make my system run better.... Do I need more ram? I feel bad that I cannot use the Munich or other addons I have bought because the system crashes due to lack of memory.

Thanks,

Simon

• Developer

1GB RAM is far below the mimimum limits of this Addon, and I would say the Dell PC is also more then 5 Years old?

System requirements for FS2004:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 with Update 9.1

Windows 7, Vista or XP

2.6 GHz Prozessor

2 GB RAM

3D Graphiccard with 256 MB

Download-size: 270 MB

Install size: 780 MB

Even when now released Addon are for FS9 too, the details and higher levels of texture resolutions need a PC, which is maybe not the highend power system, but not in the level of 5 year ago or older.

Thanks Oliver.

I have one more question though.... Arlanda doesn't load either with similar problems and the performance requirements are much lower than for Munich. My processor also exceeds the requirements for Munich.

Would you recommend that I install more ram? Increase it to 2GB?

Also could you give me some advice as to optimum FS9 settings... Targets frame rates etc..

Thank you,

Simon