Cuzco - X

wingnut

Hello;

Today I purchased the Cuzco airport scenery,first I would like to say that it is really impressive,but the runway looks normal right by the terminal,but when you get near either end,the runway becomes blurry,and it looks like the green is part of the runway,the elevations are right,no problems,there.I've read the manual,and followed the recommended settings,but that helped a little,but the ends of the runways still look strange.I don't have FS Global installed,no scenery enhancements for this part of the world.I do have X-Graphics installed,ant suggestions on how to correct this would be appreciated.

Mark

Maybe not, it sounds like you suffer blurry textures, Mark. Maybe you could post a screenshot?

If you want sharp textures even at long distance you might want to add the following bolded line in your fsx.cfg in the display section:

[DISPLAY.Device...]

AntiAlias=1

Mode=1680x1050x32

MipBias=5

Hello;

Thank you all for your replies,ok,I inserted the lines in the fsx cfg.,no help,the image looks the same,enclosed is an image.The only problem is the ends of the runway,everything else is ok.Hopefully this can help,I've also tried the scenery settings in different settings,the same result,the only thing that helps(a little) is if you taxi real slow,and then it finally looks normal.

Mark

Windows 7 64bit

Installed on the D-drive

12 gbits of ram

Fsx Acceleration(Sp2)

Hello;

Here is the last thing you all might be able to help with,the fire station,it has this strange shadow,on part of the building,and this is the only building there,no others around.

Mark

Windows7 64bit

12 gbits of ram

Fsx Acceleration(Sp2)

Installed on the D-drive

Do you use DX10? Does it also happen with DX9? I can't reproduce both issues and have no idea why that one runway texture looks different. Maybe a wrong texture version in the release version, I would have to check.

Could you please reinstall and check with DX9?

Hello Shaun;

Good thing for google,because I've never heard about that before,ok,the mip mapping is currently set at quality,thats the setting from ATI,I've never changed that.

Mark