Autopilot - How to change it?

Aidan Sandri

Hi Aerosoft-

Im trying to work out how to operate the autopilot via the Control Panel, mainly the altitude selector im having problems with, and was wondering how to change it, I can push and pull it change the knob from 100 to 1000 (and 1000 to 100) but haven't worked out how to change it to say FL380. Is there a way to do this, via the control panel or in the MCDU? There was a topic regarding going into a nose dive when engaging it after T/O, I had a similar issue where it holds me at 100feet (as the control panel says that). Ive looked over the manuals, but have been unsucessful in finding information regarding this.

Hi Aidan,

there are 2 hotspots on the ALT knob - to the left is the option to change between 100/1000 increments - use the left mouse button to select 100 and the right mouse button to select 1000. On the knob itself you can change the altitude, I use the mouse wheel to change it but you can use the mouse buttons. Don't forget to "push" the button once you have changed the setting.

After t/o apply back pressure on the joystick to around 500 feet or until the attitude of the aircraft matches the FD bars, then release the joystick, the FBW will take over, now engage AP and everything will work fine :)

Hi Scott,

I can see what you mean by two hot spots. I can change it to 100/1000 fine, but on the knob itself just pushs in and out and VS will change to either ---, -1800 or +1800. Im not sure what to do from there.

Hi Scott,

I can see what you mean by two hot spots. I can change it to 100/1000 fine, but on the knob itself just pushs in and out and VS will change to either ---, -1800 or +1800. Im not sure what to do from there.

If you have a mousewheel on your mouse, make sure your mouse cursor is over the altitude knob and then spin the mousewheel.

I see, thank you very much. Now I can enjoy this bus :D

Well i think some of it might be an mystirius thing i cant locate the problem to all the autopilot buttons moving in and out. but only happens if engin goes to toga when speed gets to low the knobs pushes in and out until AT is turned off or by waiting 20-30 sec then it stops again. have been talking of it before.