Throttle Issues

ionious

So I've recently installed the Airbus A32x (A320/21 really hehe) and everything seems to be working pretty fine except for my throttle quadrants.

The thing is when I increase thrust, whether with my Saitek X-52 quadrant or by using the F3 key to increase thrust incrementally, the engines immediately decrease back to 0% N1.

The weird part is that if I press (and hold) the F4 key (which is assigned for max power) the engines will spool up to a constant 100% N1.

Its crazy I tell you!

I've attached 2 images showing a before and after I've increased to a 100% N1 on my throttle quadrants.

Also the throttles won't move forward...only backwards for reverse thrust.

Autopilot is disengaged.

So as for Auto-thrust.

please help, It's driving me nuts.

Thanks.

post-33189-128370989421_thumb.png

post-33189-128370994628_thumb.png

Hello ionious,

This problem has been mentioned on numerous posts and I take it you haven't checked any of them as they all have the same outcome.

You cant use the keys for the throttle you have to set up your joystick throttle etc as per the Step by Step Manual and if you have a registered FSUIPC there too.

The only key regarding the throttle that is used is F2 for the reversers.

• Upvote 1

Hello ionious,

This problem has been mentioned on numerous posts and I take it you haven't checked any of them as they all have the same outcome.

You cant use the keys for the throttle you have to set up your joystick throttle etc as per the Step by Step Manual and if you have a registered FSUIPC there too.

What F**k is wrong with you guys????

Since when its up to you guys decide how we fly our airplanes inside our COMPUTERS????

Do you counted how many people are angry with that s**t??

I always used the keyboard to control my throttle and now i can't!

YOU GUYS GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

We are living the particular settings, so, leave us manage our own stuff!!

So, let us decide how to control the throttle!

Sorry my bad english!

The airplane looks great, except for this mess!

• Upvote 4

Since when its up to you guys decide how we fly our airplanes inside our COMPUTERS????

Sorry my bad english!

Bitter, party of one? blush.gif Relax a little bit.

They were the developers of this airplane, so they can decide how it works. Let's not forget that. Do you go on let's say BMW's website because the power lock button isn't on the door, but above the radio and ask them "since when its up to you guys decide how we lock our car doors?

I'm just saying.

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry my bad english!

For your benefit, since you clearly haven't followed the development, the thrust levers on an Airbus don't work like standard ones do. In managed mode, they have detents, which can't be modeled using the standard FSX commands. So the developers had to come up with a whole new system level (not application level) way of gettign them to work. This oversimplifies the issue, but that's why they work like they do.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Sorry my bad english!

My my...

Let's put it this way, if you can find a way where you can use standard options of FSX to get behavior that is needed for the Airbus FADEC we certainly like to know!

My my...

Let's put it this way, if you can find a way where you can use standard options of FSX to get behavior that is needed for the Airbus FADEC we certainly like to know!

Dear mathijs...

So, let´s try something diferent here...

The aerosoft knows that some users (me here!!!) just wanna to have some fun on FSX?

And those with notebook´s and none Joystick (me here again!!!)? What we gonna to do?

And NO, I do not know how to make the FADEC system work on the FSX and also how to fly the aerosoft AIRBUS X with my hardware.

I use my note to work and I can´t carry a Joystick with me all day long.

How many times I was in a trip, flying in the FSX...It seems that with yours bird ,i can´t.

Any suggestions for me? ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!

Im not saying that the airplane is bad...COMPLETLY DIFFERENT...IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFULL AIRPLANE ON THE FS EVER (FOR ME!)

I´m talking about MARKETING!

I have a need ,and the AEROSOFT , have not answered.

The aerosoft ,makes GREATS ADDONS in both ways : TO PILOTS SATISFACTION, AND ENTHUSIASTIC CUSTOMERS...BUT NOT THIS TIME!

Have fun, you people with the joysticks, those who has not, stay on the ground!

And this is my point!

The bad language, its because i hate to be controled and to show how sad i´m.

Sorry for that!

Just one more thing...

"...Do you go on let's say BMW's website because the power lock button isn't on the door, but above the radio and ask them "since when its up to you guys decide how we lock our car doors?..."

THE BMW DONT MAKE NOTHING FOR THE VIRTUAL WORLD, ONLY FOR THE REAL WORLD! I GO TO THE CAR AGENCY, IF I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL.

Best regards!!!

Bye to everyone and (i hope) best fly´s for all of us!

Hello ionious,

Hi thanks for the reply,

seems like my post got a little bit off topic, I appreciate the solution you gave me however I do not find how it justifies that I have to pay for FSUIPC after I had bought one of yours.

Thanks.

Sorry my bad english!

I have never seen an aircraft, which was flown by a keyboard or mousepad. As a real pilot I cannot even imagine how joyful it could be to do so.

And please, (even if it is not your first language) use a less offensive vocabulary.

I have never seen an aircraft, which was flown by a keyboard or mousepad. As a real pilot I cannot even imagine how joyful it could be to do so.

And please, (even if it is not your first language) use a less offensive vocabulary.

Serious?!?!?!?

Is this a joke???

THIS IS NOT ABOUT MY LANGUAGE OR A PLANE "FLYABLE" BY MOUSE OR KEYBOARD!

Let the vocabulary to me ,and lets GET BACK TO THE POINT!

We are not talking about REAL LIFE AND YES, VIRTUAL!

Do you HAVE read the comments about how much this airplane have weak points ON comparation with the real world???

This IS FOR FUN!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

NNN!

and Remember: EVERYONE HAS YOUR OPINION ABOUT FUN. Everyone has fun in a way!

Do you read my last post? I DONT THINK SO!

ONE MORE TIME : AEROSOFT : CONGRATULIONS (I TALKING SERIOUS!!!)

YOU HAVE DID THE MOST BEAUTIFULL FS PLANE EVER, AND PERIOD! AND I

I AM SORRY ABOUT MY FRUSTATION! I CAN NOT FLY THE bird!!!!!!!

Now, "...use a less offensive vocabulary..." how about YOU ARE A Dick77???

Thats enough!

Guys from aerosoft : please, do vanish me!

I will not get in conflict!

Sorry for the mess!

Lets talk about HERE ONLY ABOUT THE AIRBUS X!

My my...

I am equally baffled, frustrated and very disappointed by this throttle problem I've been following with the Airbus X. I am aware of a few other FSX add-ons that simulate the FADEC:

* Wilco Airbus Series 1 & 2

* Just Flight A320 Jetliner

* Flight 1 Cessna Mustang

While I can't confirm that the Just Flight product does, the others work nicely with the usual keyboard (F1, F2, F3, F4) throttle control keys. No peripheral hardware needed. No (registered or free) FSUIPC needed.

Throggle or no throggle... keyboard or joystick... it is a problem that does excist, even when you have setup everything right. I'm a little annoyed by the fact that aerosoft does not take it seriously. They always assume that it is the customers foult, but it isn't always (a lot is, I assume). However, I see many problems appearing at the forum. It's a good plane, but still have some bugs. Was it ready when launched?

Great plane, small problems.

Martin

Throggle or no throggle... keyboard or joystick... it is a problem that does excist, even when you have setup everything right. I'm a little annoyed by the fact that aerosoft does not take it seriously. They always assume that it is the customers foult, but it isn't always (a lot is, I assume). However, I see many problems appearing at the forum. It's a good plane, but still have some bugs. Was it ready when launched?

Great plane, small problems.

Martin

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MARTIN!!!!

SOME BUGS, AWESOME AIRPLANE!!!!

Cheers!

My my...

My good friend Ducky gave me, a little help here....

Ask to Wilco, Flight 1 or Just Flight......

Bye!

I was going to use the ignore feature but this bloke kept on saying goodbye and kept comming back. I find that amusing so I will wait for his "next" goodbye and see what he will moan about then :)

Do you have a software program for "Virtual CRM" ? I think he needs it :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Cesmina, check out page 01-07-15 (English version) of the latest (1.11) edition of the manuals if you haven't already. I noticed the dialog box header on your FSUIPC page does not have the specific aircraft model showing, even though the "Aircraft Specific" box is greyed out. Take a look at the header in the example on page 01-05-17 and you'll see what I mean.

I don't remember exactly how I did it, but mine has that header. You may need to set up FSUIPC like you did (after selecting your desired model of course), save it, exit FSX completely and start up again. I'll assume you've closely followed the other instructions about linking the throttle through FSX

Also, I can't tell if you've done this, but it seems important, just like any other higher end aircraft add-on, to start with a default aircraft like the Cessna 172, then select the Airbus.

Keep trying until your dialog box header looks like the one in the manual and then tell us if it's working right or not.

I noticed the dialog box header on your FSUIPC page does not have the specific aircraft model showing, even though the "Aircraft Specific" box is greyed out.

It clearly says Airbus in the blue title bar, and the profile specific box is greyed out because a profile called Airbus is already loaded.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It clearly says Airbus in the blue title bar, and the profile specific box is greyed out because a profile called Airbus is already loaded.

It should say, in its entirity, "FSUIPC Options and Settings - Airbus A321 Lufthansa AISH" and not just "FSUIPC Options and Settings - Airbus". Mine looks just like the one on page 01-07-15.

In my FSUIPC4.ini file in the FSX\Modules folder, the following section appears at the end of the text:

[JoystickCalibration.Airbus A321 Lufthansa AISH]

AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

ApplyHeloTrim=No

FlapsSetControl=0

FlapDetents=No

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=256

AileronTrimControl=66731

RudderTrimControl=66732

CowlFlaps1Control=66162

CowlFlaps2Control=66163

CowlFlaps3Control=66164

CowlFlaps4Control=66165

SteeringTillerControl=0

MaxSteerSpeed=60

Aileron=-16383,0,0,16383

Elevator=-16383,0,0,16383

Rudder=-16383,0,0,16383

Throttle=-16380,16380

LeftBrake=-8160,8160

RightBrake=-8160,8160

Throttle1=-16380,-512,512,16380/32

Spoilers=-16256,16256

Reverser=-16380,16380

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No

Throttle2=-16380,-512,512,16380/32

It should say, in its entirity, "FSUIPC Options and Settings - Airbus A321 Lufthansa AISH"

Not if you are using profiles rather than aircraft specific settings. Profiles and aircraft specific are more or less the same thing but achieved slightly differently. With a profile you can use it on many different aircraft types if you want, you just choose from a menu which profile you want to use with a particular aircraft, Cesmina just happened to call the profile Airbus rather than Jets or something like that. It doesn't matter which method you use, they both work as expected with the Airbus, just make sure when you create the profile for the Airbus that you don't import the general settings when asked if you want to by FSUIPC.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not if you are using profiles rather than aircraft specific settings. Profiles and aircraft specific are more or less the same thing but achieved slightly differently. With a profile you can use it on many different aircraft types if you want, you just choose from a menu which profile you want to use with a particular aircraft, Cesmina just happened to call the profile Airbus rather than Jets or something like that. It doesn't matter which method you use, they both work as expected with the Airbus, just make sure when you create the profile for the Airbus that you don't import the general settings when asked if you want to by FSUIPC.

True. I used the aircraft specific settings because that's what's called for in the setup guide. AFIK, it will load automatically when I choose that particular aircraft.

Either way will load automatically with the aircraft, it's how you assign profiles to aircraft that is different and that is all, the functions of the assignments remains the same regardless of which method you choose.