Speed Rut

Psybear

Hello fellow Andras Field fanatics,

Just flying and taxiing around to get acquainted. Very impressive all in all. Fun to watch developments. Feel sorry for the one guy with a shovel fixing the runway. :o

Anyway, is it just me and my C206 Amphib or does the slipway at the end of Artwick Ave have an invisible rut or gap between the road and the drop? Also, the wheels sink into the slipway (everywhere else, fine).

I can negotiate it...but very, very slowly and at an angle, else crash. Also the steep drop into the water seems severe.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Best,

Psybear

post-18206-12828486912_thumb.jpg

Yes, I suppose as more folks move in(AF85-maybe you maybe me). Perhaps when the guy fixing the runway is done he can start on the slipway? That is if he's not too tired. :P

post-18206-128288470112_thumb.jpg

Perhaps when the guy fixing the runway is done he can start on the slipway? That is if he's not too tired. :P

He is not tired but the problem seems to be with a different worker, namely Mr.Aces who designed the platform capabilities for the slipway and other similar surfaces.

But it wouldn't be fair to blame him as he is dead for almost two years by now.

But the fact is fact: this much we can achieve when climbing up, not less no more...sorry.

Andras

Hi Andras,

Understood, one can only do so much with the framework that Mr Aces left. By the way, where are those guys? They can't all be flipping burgers in Seattle.

However, the situation does not seem to occur in Dutch Harbor where there is also a ramp. Perhaps Thorsten knows a trick he could share with us?

Anyway, the main concern is the weird crash bump when transitioning from the road to the slipway(reference my 1st screen shot). This causes severe damage to the planes rolling over it as well as crashes...even at slow, slow speeds.

best, and thanks for responding.

However, the situation does not seem to occur in Dutch Harbor where there is also a ramp. Perhaps Thorsten knows a trick he could share with us?

Anyway, the main concern is the weird crash bump when transitioning from the road to the slipway(reference my 1st screen shot). This causes severe damage to the planes rolling over it as well as crashes...even at slow, slow speeds.

I've never seen Dutch Harbor but most probably the ramp is larger there and perhaps it is straight. No other trick exists.

We have a small place, the ramps are curved and anyway too big already, so not much scope there.

The bump is related to where the mesh, the flattening and the ramp meet.

The problem is that the bump you may get depends on the mesh resolution setting the user has.

But I'll check it again if something could be done. When I tested that - two month ago I admit - I had almost no bump at all with the Cessna.

Andras

I've never seen Dutch Harbor but most probably the ramp is larger there and perhaps it is straight. No other trick exists.

We have a small place, the ramps are curved and anyway too big already, so not much scope there.

The bump is related to where the mesh, the flattening and the ramp meet.

The problem is that the bump you may get depends on the mesh resolution setting the user has.

But I'll check it again if something could be done. When I tested that - two month ago I admit - I had almost no bump at all with the Cessna.

Andras

Here are some shots of Dutch Harbor ramp on same FSX machine, same exact settings. No crashes or scrapings unless you go too fast.

Yes the ramp is straight and it seems like he does a floating trick (which is really only noticeable from a low outside view) to avoid what you described above:

post-18206-128294095314_thumb.jpg

post-18206-12829409671_thumb.jpg

Yes the ramp is straight and it seems like he does a floating trick (which is really only noticeable from a low outside view) to avoid what you described above

Ok, could you try if this file solves at least some of those problems?

Andras

water.zip

P.S. In the meantime I installed Dutch Harbor and tried it with the Beaver.

Frankly I could not at all go up on that ramp, whereas in EAFS it is at least possible somehow.

But I am not an amphib guy, so maybe I do something wrong.

Ok, could you try if this file solves at least some of those problems?

Andras

water.zip

P.S. In the meantime I installed Dutch Harbor and tried it with the Beaver.

Frankly I could not at all go up on that ramp, whereas in EAFS it is at least possible somehow.

But I am not an amphib guy, so maybe I do something wrong.

Never tried it with the Beaver but with the default Goose you edge up really slow and then pretty much gun the engines to get you up over the top...of course cut the engines when your near the top or else go into the fence.

I'll be happy to give the water patch a try ASAP. Have to make dinner now (Chicken Marsala and saffron risotto) for company so probably tomorrow or late tonight. But as soon as I get the chance.