Missing 1 Texture In Lisbon X

cmpbllsjc

Shaun,

I got Lisbon the other week when it was on sale and despite a few little things like the shimmer I was able to fix myself, but it came to my attenion today when I had the missing texture alert turned on that I am missing this file:

BETON_4_HANGER_BODEN.BMP

Could you kindly post it here so I can just download it and place it like you did for the NiceX missing texture?

Also, there is a strange thing going on with a few of the hangers where the signs on the hangers flicker in and out. Its not a flicker like a mip mapping flicker, but more like the signs become invisible then pop into and out of view while your looking at them. If you need I can take a screen shot to show what I mean as you can pick it up by hitting the "V" at the right time.

Regards,

Sean

Hello Sean,

I will need to speak to the developers regarding the missing texture.

As for the signs, can you please post some screenshots with the co-ordinates clearly visible so I can see exactly where you mean.

Hello Sean,

I will need to speak to the developers regarding the missing texture.

As for the signs, can you please post some screenshots with the co-ordinates clearly visible so I can see exactly where you mean.

Hi Shaun, I will post some pics of the signs as soon as I get a chance, maybe later today.

Hi Shaun, I will post some pics of the signs as soon as I get a chance, maybe later today.

Pardon the interruption ... I'm in the same boat as Sean and have seen a few flickering building signs textures at Lisbon - as well as nearly every parking sign and on some of the surrounding custom-placed structures as well.

I'll mention up front that these may not be the best of examples....

post-31550-128227017145_thumb.jpg

The "Portway Carga" sign on the right doesn't exhibit flickering in the first shot (with the coordinates), but I did manage to catch it flickering at other times:

post-31550-128227044505.jpg

A few parking signs...

post-31550-128227031591_thumb.jpg

post-31550-128227032727_thumb.jpg

One example of some TAP signs:

post-31550-12822703358_thumb.jpg

And some small areas of surrounding buildings - this is only an isolated shot:

post-31550-128227034223_thumb.jpg

Overall I am very happy and pleased with Lisbon X. I'm an Nvidia videocard user and I have a bit of shimmer as well. (I also run in DX9.) I've come to terms with random scenery shimmer, but the flickering textures are puzzling. It's not constant with each texture that it occurs with - it tends to happen with the parking signs more often than others here - so I feel that it's some uncommon combination of things. (I've tried adjusting all manner of graphic, texture and even mesn settings to no avail.)

Regards,

Hey Shaun,

The pics Travis posted are what I was talking about so I will refrain from posting more, but I am getting the same thing on my end.

Travis,

Do you have the missing texture I asked Shaun about in your Lisbon X\Texture folder, or are you missing it also?

Sean,

I'm missing BETON_4_HANGER_BODEN.BMP as well. (No "BETON_4" anything AAMOF.) Good catch; thx.

Thanks, surprised I didn't notice earlier when I was doing all the mip mapping.

BTW, I dont have any other BETON files either, but I think it's ok otherwise the bgl that is asking for the one I mentioned would be asking for more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Shaun,

Just wanted to check back and see if you have heard anything from the developer on the missing texture and the anomaly with the flickering signs that Travis posted pics of?

Regards,

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shaun.

Almost a month since the original post and 2 weeks since your last reply. Have the developers contacted you or said anything about the missing texture and the flashing signs on the hangers that Travis posted screen shots of?

Thanks,

Sean

Hello Shaun,

I had a reply the missing texture is attached but its not known if its used.

As for the flickering textures this is what the developer said, " I could not see the flickering surfaces. Only, if one

continues to go away and near zoom, flicker it."

I think what he's saying is does it happen only if you zoom into it then out possibly.

BETON_4_Hangar_Boden.zip

Hello Shaun,

I had a reply the missing texture is attached but its not known if its used.

As for the flickering textures this is what the developer said, " I could not see the flickering surfaces. Only, if one

I think what he's saying is does it happen only if you zoom into it then out possibly.

Hello Shaun,

Thank you (and the developer) kindly for the texture file.

As for the flickering textures, for me when they appear they appear, no matter if I change the zoom level or the view, or just sit in my VC. But it sounds to me as if this is like the ''shimmering textures'' that appears to some users (I'm one of them) at some airports. Some see them, some don't; an imperfect world.

But again, thanks.

Hi Shaun.

Thanks for getting the missing texture.

Like what Travis said, those pics of the signs flashing in and out are NOT due to zooming in or out, just maintaining a regular zoom. Also they do it when you are far from them or close to them. Either distance makes no difference. Frankly i'm not surprised that the developer has no solution for it since it seems that a lot of the developers never get any of the issues that others see, or can try to help find a fix for it. It's not really that big of a deal but it would be nice if there was a way to get the signs to quit doing that.

@ Travis - I saw your PM the other day and hadn't had a chance to reply yet. If I get a chance tomorrow I will PM you back. Also if I get a chance I will post some of the pics you posted of the flickering signs over at Avsim and see if anyone over there has a solution. If I remember right and its been a while, I think if maybe due to them missing an alpha channel or something to that effect, but like I said I am not sure if that's the case. If it is and I can fix it I will send you a fixed texture as long as its ok by Aerosoft for me to distribute a fix.

Regards,

Sean