Gibraltar X Installation Problem

Doc88888888

I've just bought Gibraltar X and when installing I get a message that

...1_GIB_FSX_Airport\texture\lxgb33.bmp

...1_GIB_FSX_Airport\texture\LXGBax160.bmp

...1_GIB_FSX_Terrain\scenery\GIBterrain.bgl

do not match the CAB-File and that my installer seems to be corrupted.

Is it possible that you send me these files?

Doc

I've just bought Gibraltar X and when installing I get a message that

...1_GIB_FSX_Airport\texture\lxgb33.bmp

...1_GIB_FSX_Airport\texture\LXGBax160.bmp

...1_GIB_FSX_Terrain\scenery\GIBterrain.bgl

do not match the CAB-File and that my installer seems to be corrupted.

Doc

Hello Doc,

Did you try to re-download the installer and make a clean reinstall? I'd try that first.

• Verified Developer

Doc

No, this will not be possible. You need to try to redownload the installer, maybe try to use a free download manager, if your internet link is not so good. But maybe a later redownload will be help too.

No, this will not be possible. You need to try to redownload the installer, maybe try to use a free download manager, if your internet link is not so good. But maybe a later redownload will be help too.

I will try that. By the way, the cars moving over that runway are really cool. Just that I don't get a lot of them, but only 2 or 3 stopping at a time. Does this have to do with the FSX Car slider?

Doc

You need to try to redownload the installer, maybe try to use a free download manager, if your internet link is not so good. But maybe a later redownload will be help too.

Done it and worked! Must have been some sort of problem during the download, actually the first time I have ever had difficulties with that. Thanks for your help, and - it is a great addon, although I have to add some custom AI traffic.

Many thanks,

Doc

Hello Doc,

Theres also an FAQ on these forums on what do do if you get a corrupt download file.

Can you provide a link for that FAQ, can't seem to locate it. I purchased/DL'd Gibraltar, Chicago, Dillingham, and Cape Canaveral yesterday and installed all 4 (booting FSX and rebooting the PC between the installs) I ran into this issue but with Chicago (Gibralter installed without issue). For the heck of it I kept pushing "retry" and the install bar would move a bit and continued with this until it reached the end of the install progress bar and then hit "ignore", a mention of a backup folder came up, and it installed, or at least that's what the last window to pop up indicated. I did re D/L the zip file again and have it ready to retry with an uninstall/reinstall if I run into problems with the first D/L. I did fire up each scenery area to fly a little but until I can defrag all this new software I won't make any decisions. There does seem to be some mesh issues (I use FSGenesis but generally run it at 38 meters in the FSX Display/Graphics GUI - keeps runways level with surrounding terrain and buildings on the ground.) Thanks.

Hello FLigh T,

Maybe you didn't look in the FAQS Forums right at the bottom of the English Support Forums Section.

The post is here and easily found using the forum search function ;)

LOL. Your right, I never located the FAQ Forum because I kept going to the FAQ's/Updates page from the home page. Kept getting the registered product updates page and kept looking for a tab there for the FAQ's. Duh!

Strange part was I D/L's Chicago before Gibraltar and Gibraltar installed without a hitch, only Chicago gave me the Cab file corruption notice.